Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gave my Versa a second try and driving phantom steps seem to be gone???

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Decided since it was a Bday gift I needed to give it another go. When setting it up it downloaded software like it was a initial synch which was weird because I didn't factory default it when I stopped using it. On the plus side I only had about 120 steps avg yesterday and today vs the average 1000 to 5000 phantom steps I was getting previously which is about the same as I was getting with my Charge2. Did support do a update but leave the version # the same? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

While researching articles for a sync issue I came across this article.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1257?q=Syncing&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Why no one on the forums or Tech support mentioned that you could turn off the Versa is beyond me. Turn it off when you get in vehicle and press a button and turn it back on when you get out. Can't register phantom steps and floors when it is off.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Information regarding software updates for all Fitbit Devices can be found in the help article:

What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

Happy Birthday! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. If I read the article correctly there were no new updates done. So I can only assume that perhaps I did not get a good download the first time and that is why I was having the issues as I am on day 3 now and have not had the crazy phantom steps and floors like when I first got my Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

While researching articles for a sync issue I came across this article.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1257?q=Syncing&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Why no one on the forums or Tech support mentioned that you could turn off the Versa is beyond me. Turn it off when you get in vehicle and press a button and turn it back on when you get out. Can't register phantom steps and floors when it is off.

Best Answer
0 Votes