Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green/red lights flickering and updates

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I’m wondering if Fitbit can update the watch without a actual update. Sorry if this doesn’t make any sense. But last night before bed the green light was flashing red/green I restarted and went back to green. But woke up to solid red light. And when I was flicking through my stats in watch I noticed extra features that were not there yesterday. Like showing my previous weeks steps. 

Mia this possible with the app updating? Thanks 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

I have a red light on mine ALL the time, it's so bright it would stop me from sleeping! I've tried all the restart shut down etc and nothing is clearing it. It is still glowing bright red when the device is shut down! This cannot be normal or safe?? Tia

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is glowing red ALL the time. I can see a huge square of it around the device when it is on my wrist. Like bright enough to see in the dark with. I've restarted several times, shut down several times and nothing. Most worryingly of all it's still glowing away when the device is SHUT DOWN. Tia. Hopefully this is faster than an email reply as I am very worried!! It's not like it was cheap either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That seems very odd!  I would post a picture of the glowing red light!  I haven’t seen any red lights with mine. Just green and it goes away when the Versa is off my wrist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this happen too. I woke up wearing my versa and went about my morning activities. When I got to my shower and took off the versa I could get it to display any information. I thought it died. I turned it over and there were red greed led lights on the back of the device in the second light of the 4 lights.  I restarted it. Put it on the charger and saw it had 52% charge. When I was able to see the data it had zero steps. I should have had about 700. Never happened before

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just noticed it on my Fitbit charge 3 as well...but my sleep results show a solid line of sleep until the next night of sleep.  Then it shows the details. Just got my Fitbit may 12.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I am wondering if this issue was ever fixed for you? I am having the same issue right now and just got a case started but i have seen more than one with the same issue .. but I have not read anywhere that it has been fixed..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there...I haven't had any more problems with it.  Just saw the lights and freaked out.lol. honestly, so far everything is great with it. I've had to restart it once or twice...but I enjoy it and the test message notifications are super.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LucyAP  I got my versa from about 2 month this week it started to heat up it almost burned my skin and the it keeps giving me red light and the battery is running away so fast full battery last for about 4 hrs max how it can be fixed? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit blinks red and green too. I can cut it off wait a few minutes then cut it back on. Later it'll be red and green. I want to know the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is in malfunction, the heartbeat rate is ok within the first 30 min (after restart or turn the heartbit rate on) and after that it seems likely twice the real heartbit rate. There's no rest heartrate recorded any more since this happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes

the red light is used when sleeping, the red light has a more accurate heart rate reading than green when not in motion, but when in motion, the green light works better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is interesting that you make that statement LucyAP. I, too, have been seeing the red light with the green on my Versa 3. Also, my heart rate is indeed always wrong. The thing is, It's flashing red/green while I'm up and around. Would the red light and the incorrect heart monitoring be linked?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brand new versa 3 gave my versa 2 to my daughter and it won’t go back to green. Was green for half a day. Half the items won’t work. Going back to my Apple Watch. Kids can have the fight it’s that work. I have reset it 5 times 

Best Answer

Yes, I would recommend the apple watch over fitbit if you have an apple device. It is more compatible and reliable at around the same price.

Note: the apple watch can’t track in depth sleep because of its battery life.

Best Answer

I agree @GavinYang   I replaced my dead Versa 1 with an Apple Watch Series 5. Installing google fit on my iphone syncs my data from homekit to google Fit. 

Fitbit Vera SE
Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's put this red led / green led thing to bed. The green led came 1st. It operates at about 540 nano-meter wavelength. The LEDs shine light onto the surface of the skin, and down to a given depth into tissue, to 'read' variables like O2 saturation of blood, heart rate (blood pulsing), etc. For Fitbit, they took a bit of flak for the accuracy of their heart rate monitoring. The 'simple' green light is easily absorbed by the human body and is prone to produce artifacts. The green light originally used by Fitbit does not penetrate tissue to an optimum depth for reading physical data, it gets absorbed by the skin / tissue. If any of you have been to a doctor's office or hospital you no doubt saw that the O2 sensor / heart rate monitors used are red leds. This is because the body is a poor absorber of red light and thus the red led is able to penetrate the tissue deeper and get a more refined reading of blood O2 levels and heart rate. Apple watch, Garmin and a few others use. the green led as the it was the 'gold standard' for many years in the fitness industry. The red led uses a longer wave-length and is better at penetrating body tissue and providing feedback readings on vitals such as oxygen saturation and blood pulse. The red led also reduces 'noise' from sunlight as the light spectrum from the sun contains more green than red. FitBit support is notorious for giving vague and nonsensical responses to questions. The response that the 'red and green pulsing lights does not interfere with the function of the monitor' is silly because the red and green leds are a part of the monitor function. The fitbit was designed that way. The red light led is more active at night so as to not disturb the person wearing the Fitbit and because the red light is more sensitive for evaluating oxygen saturation, motions, heart rate and thus - the overall sleep pattern. The green is used during the day but is accompanied by the red for more thorough and detailed information gathering. It isn't that there 'is nothing wrong' with the monitor, or that it 'will not cause a malfunction' of the monitor. In simple terms, the red and green LEDs have been incorporated into the new FitBit wrist monitors to improve overall accuracy of the varied functions read. Yep, I know that this is some 3 years after the OP but it may still be relevant. These leds should be flickering, activated by motion or inactivity, but they should NOT be constantly lit. If either one is always lit / on, there is something wrong with that FitBit fitness tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes