Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR not tracking/lights stopped flashing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/19/19

Hi Versa Fam!

We're aware of an issue where some of you may be experiencing issues with your Versa no longer tracking heart rate (HR) and the lights below on the sensor don't flash.

If you come across this problem, please give the watch a restartWe suggest charging the watch to a full battery and monitoring the HR behavior afterward. 

Just to make sure we have all the bases covered, double-check that you have Heart Rate turned "On" under the Settings app. 

Image from iOS.jpg

If your watch still isn't recording your HR, please let us know and we'll connect you with our Customer Support team. 

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts! We'll be around if you need us. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

I just now had to reset my versa for the third time in the last few weeks because of the heart rate not working.  I'm getting really pissed off and since I bought this from a store four months ago, I can't return it.  

Best Answer
I have been resetting mine everyday, I really like using my Fitbit to track my sleep. And if I don’t reset it, my sleep and heart rate don’t track.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

im also having the same issue as of two to three days ago. My battery life won’t even last a day now and as of yesterday my heart rate tracker no longer works 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I first completed a factory reset on my Versa, then followed the additional steps they recommend. The heart sensor still would not work. I then contacted Customer Service and couldn't be more pleased. At the end of our conversation, a link was sent to me, which I completed as instructed. A new replacement Versa has already been sent to me!

Best Answer

I've had to reset my versa every single day since the app updated, it won't track anything, or it will track and won't sync to my app. I've reset my network connections, reset the versa it's self nothing seems to last more than a day. This is so frustrating! I've only had it since Christmas and I've been really enjoying it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @LarryHese ! Wish your new one work smoothly!

I did my second factory reset, and the HR sensor flashing for few seconds then stop working (it's able to detect HR for about 10 minutes). At this time, HR reading remains "--" even after several times of restart. 

I've contact customer service, and waiting for their reply if I can claim a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is awesome, if this keeps up, that is what I will have to do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LarryHese Can you please provide me with the customer service details you used to get feedback/assistance. Since I reported this issue I did not got any feedback from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried resetting it multiple times. My issue is a wildly inaccurate heart rate (170 while sitting). My versa is still under warranty but customer service told me this isn’t covered. I’m very unhappy that I spent $200 for a watch that only tracks steps. This is unacceptable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

For the past 2 weeks my Fitbit versa is stuck on 75 resting heart rate when I scroll down to my activitys.

I need your help fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck getting Fitbit to help.  My heart rate shows 170 while I'm sitting at my desk.  Now the time is acting up.  I was almost late to the gym this morning because it was 5 minutes slow.  So essentially I have a $200 ugly bracelet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried restarting the device and changing heart rate from on to off and back and lights still not working, how do I get in contact with Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call support at 877-623-4997

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to Fitbit.com, scroll to the bottom and click on help, follow the links after that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's fixed. No more emails.. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I have had issues with my Versa over the last week or so, the HR sensor has intermittently stopped working - the green LED on the reverse side has turned off without notice or warning. For these occasions, performing a manual reset of the Versa has worked.

Tonight however after completing a fresh charge I noticed that once again heart rate was not being tracked but this time not only was the green LED not active, there is now a very bright Red LED shining at all times. The Versa has also been turning itself off and on unpredictably. I would appreciate some support for this product..

With all respect, please do not instruct me to: A. reset the fitbit, B. turn the HR monitoring off and then on, or C. perform a factory reset. I have done each of these things and all other basic troubleshooting.

Edit: It is the next day, and the battery on my versa drained from 100% to 12% in less than 12 hours. Presumably because of the constant bright red light. Regardless my Versa is functionally inoperable. I would appreciate a moderator taking notice.

Best Answer
I put in a post that I would like a fitbit moderator to please read my thread. And then one did. So maybe using the word moderator cues them somehow.
Best Answer

Worth a shot, threw an edit in there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit gets a thumbs up from me. They sent me a replacement Versa, which arrived in one week. It is working fine including the heart rate monitor. I am pleased.

Best Answer
I have emailed Fitbit but so far no reply, moderater any idea on how long
it takes?
Best Answer
0 Votes