Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR not tracking/lights stopped flashing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/19/19

Hi Versa Fam!

We're aware of an issue where some of you may be experiencing issues with your Versa no longer tracking heart rate (HR) and the lights below on the sensor don't flash.

If you come across this problem, please give the watch a restartWe suggest charging the watch to a full battery and monitoring the HR behavior afterward. 

Just to make sure we have all the bases covered, double-check that you have Heart Rate turned "On" under the Settings app. 

Image from iOS.jpg

If your watch still isn't recording your HR, please let us know and we'll connect you with our Customer Support team. 

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts! We'll be around if you need us. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

Customer Service told me yesterday they wont even send a replacement now because it wouldn't do any good, because the problem is on their end and not the watch itself....again I ask if Fitbit knows the product doesn't work then why do they continue to sell it?! And you are absolutely right, the HR reading is so important for what I am trying to track and why I purchased this watch. The customer service guy didnt get that at all, he said "but it still does things like counts your steps". So frustrating. 

Best Answer
Yeah. I had a not so helpful chat with customer service today and after an hour of complaining they’re only sending me another one and they guaranteed that this is a random and isolated event and it will not happen on my new watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine versa has been recording data incorrectly.  Recorded my heart rate at more than 150bpm all day for 3 weeks.

Says I'm burning 8000 calories a day.

I've rebooted it several times, changed clock faces...

I've just stopped wearing it because it's not reliable anymore

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. So the customer service was great and they sent out a new Versa which I received today. But after reading all the posts, I have to say, confidence is not high. 

Time will tell.

Thank you Fit bit for the new Versa.

Jim

Best Answer
0 Votes

They sent a replacement for mine and I've had it for a few weeks now and haven't had any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They told me they wouldn't send out a replacement because the replacement would just have the same issue. UGH so frustrating. Why are some people getting a replacement and others not? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s so odd. This is the second replacement they’re sending me. And she literally told me they “guarantee the new one will function properly as this is an isolated and random incident”. I saved the chat transcript. So it’s interesting they won’t send you one because they know it will also malfunction. But they’ve sent me 2 now and are guaranteeing this isn’t an issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what to say other than time will tell. So far, so good, but it's only a couple of hours.

Will keep you all posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I’ve tried it already but it didn’t work 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

*UPDATE*

I am glad to say that I have received my replacement unit and it is not a refurb but a brand new unit complete with new straps and charger. Way to go Fitbit! I have resumed my regular use since having received my new unit. Hope this one will last a couple of years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I have been on a run tonight and I tracked the run. My step count has gone up accordingly but the heart rate data only shows the first 10 minutes of the run. The rest is simply a flat line. The app is saying I burnt 600 calories but it hasn't added this onto my daily total despite the steps being added. Its also saying 0 active minutes. 

My heartrate was definitely being tracked throughout the whole run as I make a point of checking it at various points, I also make sure its back down at the end during my cool down so I know 100% that it was working during the run. I don't understand why the data isn't syncing properly. 

Yes, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, the device and I have restarted the device several times.

Please help! I've only had it a few months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi emmsipops,

I’ve experienced it too thats is why I decided to report this kind of problem to fitbit help, I emailed them about my experience using my Versa, I only have it for 5 months now until I Versa’s HR is not working anymore and battery drain so easily.  Thanks to fitbit team they are very responsive. They will replace my versa in 5 - 7 days from now. Just follow their instructions how to check you tracker . 

Hope this will help you. 

Best Answer

I too am having the same problem today. Tried restarting Vera’s and phone, update app to no avail 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your thoughts about the situation you're experiencing with your Versa. I could see that our team has gotten in touch with you about the situation. If you still having doubts I recommend you to contact them back again for further assistance with this.Cat Wink 

@maybe1pe@emmsipops and @BBgirl I opened a new case for each one of you, our Support Team will be contacting you via email very soon. 

We are closing this thread. If you have any other questions or still need assistance feel free to open a new topic for help.

Thank you for your participation in our Community Forums!

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes