Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR not tracking/lights stopped flashing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/19/19

Hi Versa Fam!

We're aware of an issue where some of you may be experiencing issues with your Versa no longer tracking heart rate (HR) and the lights below on the sensor don't flash.

If you come across this problem, please give the watch a restartWe suggest charging the watch to a full battery and monitoring the HR behavior afterward. 

Just to make sure we have all the bases covered, double-check that you have Heart Rate turned "On" under the Settings app. 

Image from iOS.jpg

If your watch still isn't recording your HR, please let us know and we'll connect you with our Customer Support team. 

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts! We'll be around if you need us. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

Hi: My Versa dashboard was tracking sleep normally up to last Friday morning  - but not a thing since then. The dashboard syncs normally for steps etc - but the sleep tile just sits there blankly. Is there some way of persuading it to come alive again????

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer

Hi @Willy37 and welcome to the forums.  Which OS are you using to view your dashboard?  Android, iOS, or Windows?  This will help narrow the source of the problem.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good afternoon,

I have bought my Fitbit Versa last year in May in Singapore and last week I have noticed that it doesn't record my heart rate. I have checked and I have one of the sensors on the back missing - attached picture.

I would like to know if that can be replaced / repaired and if that is still under warranty (and what I need to claim that).

Thank you in advance

https://ibb.co/fGymSbd

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with my android. No heart rate either

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m on IOS - there was a recent operating system update overnight, which I wonder is somehow behind the disappearance of the sleep info....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue. Using an Android device. It still syncs my steps but heart rate and sleep monitoring are not working. Checked via Google Play if an update was missed but that is not the case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husbands Versa has stopped tracking heart rate and sleep since 6am yesterday morning. He is using IOS. He mentioned a recent update. It happened when he put it on the charger yesterday morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let’s see if some technical whizz can offer a solution ..... or if Fitbit can tell us some simple corrective action ...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi, same here. No tracking of sleep and heart rate since Sunday I think. On the backside of the Versa only 2 red lights in stead of 3. Hope it is only a error in the update. Worriesome, though

Best Answer
How long should the factory reset take as the watch is completely unresponsive since i followed your instructions...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I notice there are only two red lights on the back of my Versa too, suggesting we have a similar problem. ...
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has really been going downhill lately. It was working reasonably well since I bought it last spring ($200), but more and more in recent weeks, it decides to arbitrarily stop tracking things like sleep 1-2 times a week now.

If I completely delete the Versa device from the Android app and then reconnect, it seems to start tracking sleep again, but this is a PITA to keep doing since I have to reset all the previous settings. Rebooting the phone and/or the Versa seems to work occasionally.

I assume it's a software issue since it's been working fine until recently. Now this Versa seems no longer worth it if I'm going to have to put so much time/effort in to online research to find fixes to keep it functioning.

Also, why don't these things self-diagnose? Why is it that we as users have to discover that the thing isn't working by the lack of data showing up one day? Shouldn't the developers add routines to periodically check if all the data is being sync'ed or detect that something's wrong, and at least recommend a user fix if not try to fix itself?

I would think this would be a much better UX than hiring robots to troll the message boards repeating the same PITA "fixes" over and over again to us paying users.

I'm leaning more and more towards spending the "premium" dollars on Apple products because my time is valuable too, and Fitbit doesn't seem to be be focused on UX as much as Apple.

Best Answer

Then the problem might be in the software and not in the Versa itself. That might be hopeful. 

I tried re-installing. Didn't help. I am not happy. Maybe Apple .... But I really do love FitBit. 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

Did a shutdown and restart, and was able to get the heart rate monitor back. Won't know if the sleep tracker will work until tonight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the shutdown , heart rate for about a minute. Then nothing again. Found the same problem talked about in other forums in this help section. I wonder why Fitbit doesn't give a notice. It seems a lot of Fitbit users are experiencing this problem. 

Best Answer

Hello....please can you advise next steps. This started with the heart rate not being monitored and batter discharging in a matter of hours. I followed your instruction for factory reset and now the Fitbit is non-responsive and won’t come on. It’s 7 months old. This shouldn’t happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Viv44 yes, this should not happen. Rapid drain combined with other issues you mention would suggest software problem. I'm flagging your post for Customer Support assistance. They should get back to you shortly. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lencacz Welcome to the forum. Perhaps my eyes deceive me, but I cannot see anything missing. Are the sensor lights blinking? Please go to Settings app on your Versa (swiping left), tap it and scroll down to heart rate. Please toggle it ON and OFF with a reboot of versa in between. You can reboot your tracker by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes. Also, make sure you're wearing Versa's band tight enough, and that Versa's battery is not critically low (anything between below 10-15) as the sensor may turn off automatically. I recommend toggling the heart rate settings ON/OFF, rebooting and placing on charger. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you all in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that most of you are having problems with the heart rate on your tracker and sleep not being recorded. Thanks a lot for all your efforts in trying to get this fixed. I'd like to help you out!

I just checked and it seems that there are quite a few reports of this going on, so I'd recommend giving your Versa a quick restart in the meantime to see if you can get the heart rate monitor to work correctly again. and then, see if your sleep is being tracked correctly.

You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. After that, see how that goes and if you continue to have problems, let me know!

Keep an eye on the board for any update on this.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

It totally worked! Thanks! 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes