Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR not tracking/lights stopped flashing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/19/19

Hi Versa Fam!

We're aware of an issue where some of you may be experiencing issues with your Versa no longer tracking heart rate (HR) and the lights below on the sensor don't flash.

If you come across this problem, please give the watch a restartWe suggest charging the watch to a full battery and monitoring the HR behavior afterward. 

Just to make sure we have all the bases covered, double-check that you have Heart Rate turned "On" under the Settings app. 

Image from iOS.jpg

If your watch still isn't recording your HR, please let us know and we'll connect you with our Customer Support team. 

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts! We'll be around if you need us. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

@Sheri1957 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is not tracking your steps in challenges, nor hourly steps and heart rate. I would like to follow up on this issue and would like to know if the issues persist or if it got resolved after restarting it as advised my friend @WendyB.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Hey guys, thanks for your reply! 

@DAC1981 and @karma12, sounds good that your Versa is working fine now. Let me know if you have further questions or comments.

@Viv44, thanks for trying all the tips along this thread. Considering that the issue persists, I have escalated your case with our Support team so they can further assist you. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is still not working like it should.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No heartrate showing only 2 dashes

Reset 3 times didn't work

Only 1 gree light on back aometimes flashing no reed

Suggestions 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks the factory reset worked perfectly.

Best Answer

Me too. Tried reboot 3 times. Steps says undefine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just noticed mine isn't tracking heart rate or steps throughout the date either. From my Fitbit App it started having issues yesterday. This is my second Fitbit since November.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am on my 5th versa since Fathers Day
Update your app
Reset your versa 3 times has been said
Reset your phone
Go to settings make sure bs is on
Call customer service

Good Luck

Sent from my Sprint Phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, the same trick has started sleep tracking again on my Versa. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Willy37 @Susanimal13! I'm very happy to hear that restarting your tracker helped! 😄

If you need anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I updated my Fitbit Versa yesterday, my watch has stopped reading my heart rate. On top of that the hourly activity that is recorded on my watch is not transferring to my app on my iPhone. More related to my heart rate but my active minutes also aren’t recording unless manually entered. And the icing on the cake I have a message that, no matter how many times I delete it, comes back. 

I have tried resetting my app, my phone and my watch but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Any suggestions??

Best Answer

Why is my versa not posting my heart rate and sleep? The last day they posted was on 2-10-19

Best Answer

Same here.  No HR and no sleep since feb 10.  It posted fine for months everyday and I have not had any travel or any changes to mess it up.  How do we fix?

Best Answer

Thank you, I rebooted and the HR came back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, my heart rate is not showing on the Versa, nor the app. Can someone hep please? Thank you

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa doesn't have a green light and is not tracking my heart rate.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

Me neither!

and that means almost no calories burned!

anyone know what I’m doing wrong please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel like this is an issue for many of us today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this might mean that your HR sensor is not functioning (anymore). If you have tried restarting your Versa multiple times in a row by pressing and holding the left and right lower buttons together untill you see the Fitbit logo and this does not solve your problem, please contact Customer Support about it. 

Best Answer
Did update thru fitbit connect and it is working again ThanksSent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes