Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had the Sp02 signature face clock on Versa and it changed automatically to a previous face clock

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

Weird thing happened tonight. My girlfriend and I both have Fitbit Versa 2 watches. We both had the Sp02 signature face clock on them. Suddenly, my girlfriend face clock changed automatically. Then, few minutes later, same issue on my watch. The face clock changed to a previous one I had long time ago. I tried re-installing the Sp02 signature face clock. It worked, but only for a few minutes. It auto-changed again. Also, it does not stay in the 5 preloaded one we can have on the watch. I am in a supported country (Canada) and I am not using a VPN which could have triggered that behavior.

I really wonder if this happened to anyone else. Sp02 signature is our favorite face clock and we wish to be able to put it on our watch again.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your participation in this thread, as well as your efforts while working on this matter. I understand how you're feeling about your watches changing the clock faces by themselves, and let me share that this issue has been resolved. Your patience is truly appreciated and please give a try to the following steps to make sure your Versa starts working correctly after installing any SpO2 clock face:

1. Remove the SpO2 clock face from your watch and the saved clock faces section.
  2. Forget your Versa from the Bluetooth settings.
  3. Check if the Fitbit app is updated.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select your Sense, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. Install the SpO2 clock face one more time and monitor your watch's behavior.

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Same thing happened to me tonight, same face, same situation. Restarted a couple times, tried other fitbit watch faces, but keeps reverting to default watch face (which I do not like).

Best Answer

You're not the only one, same thing happened to me about 1/2 hour ago.  There's another thread I posted in, which was started a couple of years ago, but someone woke it up about an hour ago.  Here it is if you want to check it out:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Versa-Smartwatches/Clock-face-changed-on-its-own/m-p/3499581#M...

Hopefully it just a glitch with the SpO2 watch face and they are working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to have started after I did the Fitbit Update. And yes. Happens every time I sync. I’ve been using the SpO2 face for quite a while now and it keeps going back to the default when I sync. 

Best Answer

mine started doing the same thing today. I have been using the fitbit spo2 watch face for the past couple of months. This morning i woke up to find that i had a completely different watch face. I changed it back and about 30 min later it was again changed to the one i don't use.

Best Answer

Is Fitbit going to fix this problem ASAP?

I see so many users describing the same problem: when using the Fitbit SpO2 clockface.

I have been using the SpO2 clockface for over a year. On Monday August 23 it started changing itself. I only have one clockface (SpO2) chosen in the Fitbit app...

Obviously Fitbit has pushed a buggy update out to users, and needs to fix this.

Best Answer

Happening to me as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also happening to me on my sense since the update. I use the SpO2 Active watch face and it continually resets to the default. 

I've also noticed the ECG app needs updating when the clock face changes back.  Not sure if this is connected or not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue with sp02 watch face! Every time it syncs it switches to default.  So annoying!

Best Answer

This also started to happen to me this evening..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, is Fitbit going to fix the problem?.  Totally blew my workout schedule this morning trying to figure this out. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem, my Sense switches to default  when I try to get sp02 watch face back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue myself. With help from support chat on the fitbit website, we have a workaround. In the app, click on your avatar in the top right corner, then click on your watch (Versa 3 in my case), then click on Clock faces. Under my device, at the bottom of the page you should see My Clock Faces, with the clock faces you've installed previously. Select the one you want, and wait for it to install (you'll need to make sure bluetooth and preferably wifi are all connected on your watch and phone). Once that's installed, click on the other watch faces listed under My Clock Faces and uninstall them. You should now only have the face you want listed under My Watch Faces (in my case Sp02). Now, when the watch syncs, it shouldn't switch the face again. Works for me, hope it does for everyone else!

Best Answer

It appears to be fixed. There was a mini update a few minutes ago, and my clock face changed back to the SP02 face and it has stayed that way for about 15mins now.🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, happened to me too for the first time today on my Fitbit Sense.  My partner had been complaining about it a while on her Versa but it's the first time I've had the issue and only after moving to the Sp02 Active clock face.

This wasn't something that auto solved, however, when I opened the Fitbit app I noticed that I couldn't simply apply the clock face again - I had to download it.

I suspect that as part of Fitbits release process they are removing an old version and replacing it with a new version. Upon doing so, it is causing Fitbits to revert to the default settings, whilst you then download the new version and apply it back to the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me too. But started before I updated. (A few days ago.) I updated to see if it would solve the problem and 5 minutes later it reverted to the default clock face.

Best Answer

This just happened yesterday on my Versa 3 and it's also happened one time prior. The watch face on my fitbit is not always on and the buzz notification is felt on the wrist. The same type of notification if you have not met your hourly goals or received a text message. Then you look at the watch to see what the notification was and find out that the watch face has changed. In addition, all of your custom installed watch faces are gone. I've only used the fitbit created/authorized watch faces. Thus, the suggestion of only using only the "approved" watch faces is just another deflection.

Were you provided a true solution for the watch to keep the watch face that I select?

Best Answer

I think I may have fixed mine. 

Go back into your watch faces and make sure the default watch face is installed, for me that is Waveform. 

Then remove the SpO2 watch face from your saved watch faces - click on it and scroll down, there should be a button to remove it(you may have to remove all the saved ones except for the default - I only had the SpO2 saved).

Now go back into Watch faces and reinstall the SpO2 watch face - when it asks for permissions turn them on - they are defaulted to off.  I turned them all on, if you leave them off your watch face will not show any of your stats, they will just be blank.

It's been about 45 minutes and everything is working again except for the Oxygen level and that's because it only updates while you sleep.  Everything else, steps, heart beat, stairs and zone minutes are working.  Good Luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done nothing since my issue about 8 hours ago. I think there might have been an update. I just put the sp02 face that I like and it has not changed for about 45 minutes. Will update if I notice something

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately that didn’t work for me. The SpO2 clock face is the only one I have installed. 😞

Best Answer