Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a problem updating Versa firmware with dongle

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new Versa. I set it up on my phone but couldn't get the Firmware update that way because of the less than great Wi-Fi connection here. I have a dongle on my laptop so I've tried to use that but the problem is that it finds the versa, but the download never shows progress in the status bar on screen.

I'm hoping someone here will have a trick that will help me. I've had the this new Versa for three days but can't use it yet, and it's frustrating the crap out of me. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I finally got it to update successfully. Very happy about that, even though it took a while. Basically, it just over two hours for the update to load into the Fitbit. I'm hoping since this was new out of the box and the first required update, that future ones will be much quicker. Not sure, but I'm hoping. Woman Very Happy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

As far as I am aware you either need a wifi connection or bluetooth with a phone, which is a very long update. I don't believe that you can use the dongle.

Best Answer

You can't set a Versa up with the dongle, but you can do firmware updates with it. That info is on the Fitbit Connect laptop app. The update starts, I just haven't been able to get it to finish. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got it to update successfully. Very happy about that, even though it took a while. Basically, it just over two hours for the update to load into the Fitbit. I'm hoping since this was new out of the box and the first required update, that future ones will be much quicker. Not sure, but I'm hoping. Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes