Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart monitor quit working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my Fitbit versa 2 quit monitoring my heart rate a few days ago. It’s the main reason I have it at all. I’ve tried resetting it, manually syncing it, turning off and on the heart rate monitor and nothing seems to help. I’ve also tried switching locations of the watch and cleaning it. The green light in the back isn’t turning on either. Help please 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I have had exactly the same problem a few days after carrying out the latest update. I have tried all the usual uninstalls/ reinstalls, turn off/back on, disconnect/reconnect Bluetooth etc. I contacted Fitbit via chat but they were unable to fix the problem. The lady escalated it to their supervisor who sent me an ail saying the watch is no longer covered by warranty so nothing they can do. Brilliant. Different make of watch I think.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some questions…

• What changed when it stopped monitoring the heart rate?
  • New watch firmware? What version is it running?
  • App updated on your phone?
  • What do you mean by “I’ve tried resetting the phone”? Factory reset? Reboot?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Billy479 what exactly did you expect them to do? What company provides support for products that are out of warranty? Many will update for security issues, but not for features. Some will offer a bit of a discount on replacing out of warranty products, but customer expectations have to realistic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I mentioned above a couple of days after updating ( to 35.721.23) the heart rate monitor stopped working. Amongst other things I uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app. On advise from Fitbit chat, I carried out a factory reset of the watch (now done this twice) but this doesn't fix the heart rate monitor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Billy479 Is there a flashing green light on the back of the watch? 

Some have had luck doing a watch shutdown (settings->about->shutdown), then powering back on with the button. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No flashing green light any longer. Thanks for the shutdown tip but that hasn't worked either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is something in this firmware release that impacts some of the watches. Actually it seems like every firmware release breaks some number of older watches. I imagine there is a slight variation in different product manufacturing runs that is being missed by Fitbit/Google QA/QC groups. 

Some have found luck in letting the battery drain and recharging it to full. Wish I had something better to offer, but I have no pixie dust left.

Best Answer
0 Votes