Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate reading is affected perceived movement?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, 

I've had my fitbit for about a month now and often notice some readings that seem in-accurate. It started when i accidentally started the 'coach' app and began an exercise on the app and noticed that my heart rate shot up over 100 even though I wasn't actually following along with the exercise.

I tested this by staying still and moving my hand ever so slightly so it thinks I'm taking steps. My heart rate immediately goes up when I do this. 

I was under the assumption that the heart rate reading comes directly from the sensors provided and doesn't change the reading based on what it thinks you're doing physically. Is it supposed to be like this? A combination of both? 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @peppermintaero,

I can say that the heart rate readings and steps aren't connected, other than when we move, it tends to increase the heart rate. If I wave my arm around (not sure why I would), the heart rate will go up. On the watch, I might see a spike or two that would likely average out over a longer period of time.

You can tell this is the case because the heart rate readings don't disappear when we aren't moving. Hope this helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes