Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate readings too high in Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just went on my first run with the Versa and found the heart rate wildly off. I've had several other Fitbit devices that have registered a peak rate between 160-165 bpm for the same run, on the same wrist, with the same wrist placement. This run shows a lengthy section where my heart rate peaks at 209. I'm in my late 40's... No way that is accurate. Anything I can do to fix this?Screenshot_20180421-121418_Fitbit.jpg

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
531 REPLIES 531
The only fix was they had to replace my pebble.

They claim it's a software problem and they are in the process of
fixing it, but this has been an issue for years now. They make it sound
like it's a recent development, it's not.

I would contact them if I was you and insist on a resolution.

They are fully aware of the issue.

Hope you come right.
Best Answer
I'm very happy to hear you were ok and the Fitbit was wrong 😆

It's great news regarding new device.

Hope you have many a happy workout with it.

Kind regards
Best Answer

My Versa Lite is going crazy with my heartbeat. It’s showing that I’m regularly past 200, even when I’m sleeping. This started a few days ago. Is there a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to contact Fitbit and eventually they changed my devise.
Just out of interest have you worn it in a swimming pool lately ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I haven’t worn it swimming or in the shower. The funny thing is that this is a Versa Lite replacement FitBit sent to me after my original one stopped working after just a few months. I’m beginning to rethink my love affair with FitBit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I wear mine higher and tighter since I reset it. HR seems good now but it bothers me because I have to wear it so tight. I may get a different band. The one that it came with is very slippery so it won’t stay in place without being tight.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I’ll try it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar issue. Just got my Versa 3 and my HR is about 10-20 bpm above where it was on prior devices.  May just return it as the prescribed solution of wearing it tight is not too appealing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if the Sense is any better.  My original Versa has similar issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Considering that they did nothing to cure the problem on the Versa and that they just tried to ignore it makes me afraid to buy the new unit.

Best Answer

Working on it indeed. 

Best Answer

Same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes