Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate readings too high in Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just went on my first run with the Versa and found the heart rate wildly off. I've had several other Fitbit devices that have registered a peak rate between 160-165 bpm for the same run, on the same wrist, with the same wrist placement. This run shows a lengthy section where my heart rate peaks at 209. I'm in my late 40's... No way that is accurate. Anything I can do to fix this?Screenshot_20180421-121418_Fitbit.jpg

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
531 REPLIES 531

That is a bummer to hear, looks like it will be returned within a week.

Giving another your full attention is an act of love and kindness

Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. (Dhammapada)

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed

Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. (Dhammapada)

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, I'll probably return mine tomorrow and monitor the forums until the issue is resolved. REI has a really good return policy on camping gear but I don't know about electronics and wearables. Plus I don't want to risk any cosmetic damage working out or swimming if I'm going to return it. Just typing this right now my Versa says my heart rate is 105!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I decided to wear my charge 2 next to my Versa. There’s a 10 bpm difference between the readings when I’m just sitting on my couch. Then when I walked to the fridge and back, the Versa showed my heart rate at 120 bpm and the charge 2 had it as 85 bpm.

I don’t get it — how did their heart rate technology get WORSE in a newer product?

Best Answer

REI is something like 90 days on electronics.

Best Answer

Mine has been variable too.  But not so variable as the charge 2.  That would drop off when my wrist would get sweaty.  The versa has a few high spikes early but then seems to settle down to a normal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am getting real good resting heart rate. Checked with good quality blood pressure cuff. But am getting weird highs while exercising. Was rucking a 40# weight yesterday on trail and fitbit said i was peaking my rate during a downhill stretch. I am in my 60's and know when my heart rate is peaking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, darn it.  My Surge was pretty accurate, but I drowned it in the pool accidentally.  Just unboxed and setup this Versa ... sitting here typing it's showing 94 bpm.  No way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue with my heart rate logged too high during a run.  The sleep tracking isn't accurate.  I assumed since my Blaze worked so well there wouldn't be an issue with the Versa.  What's the best way to contact Fitbit & report the issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with inaccurate heart rate readings. Mine keeps telling me that just by simply walking up the stairs, which I do multiple times a day, that my heart rate sometimes goes up to 157. I am 24 and although I am a little out of shape(but naturally in much much better shape naturally than the average american) I am in no way obese or have a heart condition. I have had my heart rate taken when I was running around at work ( I work at a hospital, and the equipment is very accurate) and it was never ever over 100. It is currently telling me that I am at 120 sitting? Is there a way I can re-calibrate my heart rate on my new versa, or should I look into returning it and getting a new versa that will be more accurate? I really want to be able to keep this as it was a birthday present and has many of the features I have been looking for. Is Fitbit working on their iOS?

Best Answer

Just went for a 30 minute walk. In the first 15 minutes showed my heart rate up to 179 staying above 150. I am 64. My max is 156. After this first 15 reading seemed about right. Watch just came off wrist in case I have to return.

Best Answer

That's what just happened to me too!  Today was the first day I was able to jog rather than walk since I got it a couple days ago.  I noticed after 17 or so minutes it went into the expected numbers.  Still not happy about it though.

Best Answer

I just recorded a "weights" session doing pullups and push-ups. My Charge HR always recorded this exercise around 120-140bpm. My new Versa...187.  Definitely not correct.

Best Answer

This is good to know. Thanks. I've been thinking about replacing my Charge HR 2 with a Versa, but there are obviously some issues that Fitbit needs to fix before this is worth purchasing.  

Best Answer

same here.  Machine and manual reading at doctor's last month at 39 bpm; polar h10 chest belt generally has resting HR @ 40-55; Versa has resting HR 60-75.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im glad I’m not alone. It shows my heart rate at over 100 just walking around. My resting heart rate is in the 50s no way it gets that high. With the hr being off and high so is my calorie count. Hope they fix this

Best Answer
Just spent my first night with the Versa. So, the heart rate's way high
and the sleep tracking isn't working right either. Huge data gap in the
middle of the night. I'm pretty sure the step count is off as well, but
will test that later. Maybe I'll test it on my way to returning this
thing. It's junk. What a disappointment. Loved my Surge.
Best Answer

Yep Heartrate seems to be quite high unless all previous models were wrong and I am very unfit haha

The sleep issue they know about and if you edit your sleep it shows up fine (not sure about the missing data though, did you die for a little bit haha)

I thought this was a Blaze upgrade with natural progression but it seems it's a little too new to know how it's going to work out.

Maybe their next firmware update may help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Versa and it is not reading my heart rate right either i was using the Fitbit HR for over a year and wanted to upgrade and since then my restring heartbeat has been up almost ten. to test to see if this is right i put on my old HR and sitting on the couch the versa was reading 93 and the hr was reading 80. So far im actually thinking about returning it and sticking with my old one. i was thinking it was just my watch but it seems like im not the only one. I dont think they are gonna fix this either. i was super excited to get this but after a week of having it disappointed with the heart rate not reading right no spotify and a couple other things 

Best Answer
I talked to customer support and they said their engineers were working on this issues and sleep stage issues. I’ve been having problems with both. It’s been a week since I talked to them. I have a case number and I’m going to email them with an update. I have no problem waiting for them to fix this but I can’t wait too long and have the time period pass to return it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer