Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate, sleep, floors, notifications and syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well had it about a week and compared to the Garmin Vivosmart 3 I replaced it with, these are my impressions so far.

• Band: Versa wins just because I got the SE and band is replaceable. The Garmin, non-replaceable, rubber,  I could wear for awhile but at times it started to burn my wrist and when taking off, skin would peel off and left a mark like a cigarette burn.
  • Display: Versa for the win, I can actually read it in bright direct sunlight.
  • Battery: close tie, the Garmin would just last over 3 days ... Versa can get about 3 days.
  • HR: neither accurate, kind of close tho Versa seems a bit higher at rest.
  • Sleep: Garmin seemed to do much better. Hopefully new firmware/algorithms will sort the Versa out.
  • Steps: a tie, both lie but both give a fair ball park figure to work with.
  • Floors: neither great. Versa is recording up and down the elevator as stairs. 'nuff said.
  • App: Garmin is more featured but also seems a touch clunkier.
  • Notifications: Garmin wins, just seems to hold Bluetooth connections better but you get more info off of the Versa.
  • Sync: Garmin only because they have no problem with app support on any android phone ... why can't Fitbit do this?

Ok, all I got for now. Truth is, if the Garmin didn't irritate my wrist I'd of just kept it considering the cost in Canuckia of the Versa.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

It's great to see you around @Myrdhinn.

I appreciate all the feedback provided regarding the Fitbit Versa and will be glad to help you with the issues you are having:

• Battery: If you think that your Versa battery isn't lasting the time it should, I recommend taking a look at the Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? article and try the tips provided there.
  • Heart rate: In this post, you will be able to see some things that might be affecting this reading and some tips to improve it, also, here are some other tips you can try out.
  • Sleep: Can you be more specific about this? What is the issue you are having? In the meantime, check the What should I know about sleep stages? page.
  • Floors: Versa may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Occasionally your watch may detect pressure changes unrelated to elevation gains, such as a gust of wind, weather change, or opening a door. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors being counted. This happens if the pathway to the altimeter on the back of your tracker becomes temporarily blocked with sweat or water.
  • Notifications: If you are experiencing issues with your notifications, I recommend taking a look at the My Tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android App) post and follow the instructions provided there.
  • Sync: If you don't have a compatible phone, your Versa might have issues connecting with it, you can always try the steps provided in the Having trouble syncing? post but I don't guarantee it will work 100%.

If you need anything else, let me know. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes