Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High resting heart rate and fat burn zone query

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

iv I’ve just started using my Fitbit Versa 2 today (I had a Fitbit charge years ago so not entirely new to this) and I’m just looking for a bit of guidance/reassurance about the heart rate and fat burn zone feature.

My resting heart rate seems to be between 90 and 100 which I know seems very high. According to the fit bit app I’ve been in Fat Burn Zone all day (even while resting) which I know can’t be right and assume it’s because my natural heart rate is so high?

one of the main reasons I wanted to use the Fitbit is to track how many calories I’m burning with my new exercise plan and im concerned that this is going to be wildly inaccurate if it thinks I’m constantly in fat burn zone.

if it helps, I’m 32, slightly overweight but not hugely unfit and really not sure why my natural heart rate is so high.

can anyone advise about the fat burn zone — it’s not normal that I’m showing as being in it all the time right?how can I make calorie burn stats more accurate?

thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

There has been an update that changes calculations of the heart rate zones, taking into account resting heart rate.  If this is just new, you might not yet have the firmware update with the change.  It often takes a few days after getting a new watch for it to get the update.  If your phone app shows "active minutes", you don't have the update yet.  In the new version, Fitbit uses Zone Minutes instead of Active Minutes.

If this is the case, I expect the update will change heart rate zones so you will not be in fat burn all day.  However I don't know if that has any influence on calories burned.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes