Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Concerned Should I Be That I purchased a Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have used a few different Fitbits over the past 3 years and have eventually had to replace every single device after a year or so. Bands separating or device stops charging or the scale stops doing anything. For the past 8 months or so I have been using the Charge 2 without major issue until go figure, the band started to separate. 

Today I took the plunge on the Versa based off various review sites that gave it praise. 

Coming here on the other hand has me really worried. Sleep tracking seems to be an issue for people, step tracking seems to be an issue, connected GPS seems to be an issue, syncing seems to be an issue.  

I plan on using it through the weekend and then judging again but wow the posts I am seeing have me ready to end my Fitbit experience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Consider the number of Versas sold with the few issues raised and then reevaluate your expectations 🙂 It’s a good watch (which sadly I don’t have, as I’ve the Ionic, though that is good too). Wear it, use it and if anything does go wrong, come back here or, if a major fault, return it for a replacement. But enjoy it.

Best Answer

I am enjoying my versa and so is my spouse.   We have some issues, but they were worked out by reading info in the forum.   I would say you see a % of complaints/issues and almost none of the people raving about them working just fine.    There are some learning curves like every device.  And bugs.   I think back to the Garmin HR I had, and it had bugs and issues also.  It broke at the band in a little over a year.  Also the screen scratched and didn't even think I bumped it.     But it didn't have anyplace like this to find answers and assistance.  I thought their customer service was really poor.   But with this you also, unfortunately see a lot of topics of issues that people are experiencing.   I hope you have a great experience with yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some are doing well while other it is not so good.  If you really want it make sure if you decide to return, do it before the return date expires.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that I've got my notifications going I'm very happy with my versa!  

Best Answer

I love it! My weather app still isn't working, but it will eventually. I had one day where it wouldn't sync and i restarted the versa and it has been fine since then. It's new so there will be kinks to work out, but overall I love it!

Best Answer

I stand corrected my weather app is working now! 

Best Answer

As with all products, users having issues are WAY more likely to post about them than users who are having a pleasant experience. 

This is my first fitbit purchase and so far I'm very pleased. I was a die-hard Pebble enthusiast from the OG until death, & the Versa has been the best and most similar (no surprise) replacement I've found. Zero issues.  My favorite aspect is that since I have no use for/interest in tracking sleep, I'm getting a full 7ish days of battery life as I shut it down when I go to bed.

Hope you enjoy yours!

Best Answer

Going back to my original post..

Been running my Versa for about a week and the following are the big issues Im seeing which are substantial in my opinion and enough people posting about them that its an issue. 

1. Calories burned is way off

2. Steps taken are off

Both of these seems to increase substantially while I am driving. 

Best Answer
0 Votes