Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the time on my Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some reason, the battery drained in a matter of hours yesterday.  When I recharged it, the clock was off by 6 hours and 17 minutes.  In other words, this is not a time zone issue.

For personal reasons, I ditched my Smartphone a month ago.  However, the Fitbit was syncing as of last Wednesday so there were no real issues.  However, I cannot seem to update the time on the Fitbit no matter what I try and the help articles online were completely useless.  Syncing on a computer just doesn't seem to work and I've used both the app and site dashboard to no avail.  On the actual Fitbit, I can change the clock face but that is about it. 

Is there any way to manually change the actual time on the Fitbit?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If that doesn't work, contact Customer Support .

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

No, there is not.  Time can only be set by syncing with your phone or computer.  Try a Restart and do it several times if necessary and then sync your watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your answer.  Tried shutting it down completely and restarting already to no avail.  It will not sync with the computer.  

Seriously, though, the time on the Fitbit can't be manually adjusted?  Are the Fitbit manufacturers aware that the technology to do so was invented in 1770?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shutting down and starting back up is not the same as a Restart.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If that doesn't work, contact Customer Support .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, in that sense.  I tried restarting also before doing the whole shutdown reset process.  No luck.

Guess Customer Service is only recourse. It'll be hard not to request a refund and reparations to boot.   I wonder if they realize how utterly ridiculous this issue is.  All these bells and whistles but the #1 function of a watch is to tell time and it can't even do that.  Even Roy Munson's watch had a winder.  Head-shakingly frustrating to be even worse than Munsoned right now.  

Best Answer

OK, that was an undertaking.  Kudos to the Customer Support for their patience.  

For others that may have same issue, I ended up having to use my wife's smartphone to shut down the account and reinstall everything from scratch.  All that just to change/update the time.

A bit frustrating because I am trying to gradually remove myself from the slavery of the Internet Big Data Brother monster (obviously I refuse all location/tracking data, etc.) but that is a saga for a different day.  

Best Answer