Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if I need to update my Versa 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried to check to see if there is an update for my devise but all I get on the app is the Fitbit logo flashing on the screen I have left it for a couple of hours before but no notification on if there is or isn’t one 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I've just seen there was an update 12th march which was the same time my issue started.  I had similar problems with the Feb update for a week or so and hoping it will correct itself.

Best Answer

@pottyremlap Hi. You mean the watch face has the fitbit logo? Never seen the Fitbit logo flashing on the mobile app. If there's an update, you'll see a notification in the mobile app. The Versa 2 hasn't had an update in a year or so. Latest version is 35.72.1.23. And app updates are across the board. They have nothing to do with what watch model you have. 

@Suwy50 You're referring to mobile app updates right? Maybe post in the Android or IOS section?

Best Answer
Hi and yes on the mobile app it says last update was 12 march and since
then I have not been able to use swipe actions on my watch. Was working
fine on the 11th when I went out with my running group which is what I
mainly use it for. I always thought that any updates on the app reflected
on the watch as well but I'm not very tech savvy. Sorry if I misread your
post 🤦
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Suwy50 No problem. I don't see any way possible a phone update can make your watch stop swiping. Have you tried restarting? Also maybe try chat support? You should be able to connect with a Fitbit employee in about 2 minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_5589.png

 This is all I get when on the app trying to see if there is an update on my IPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pottyremlap What do you mean see if there's an update? Phone app or Versa 2 update? The app works fine otherwise? Have you checked your firmware version? If you're running 35.72.1.23, there is no update. If you're trying to update the phone app, you don't do it through the fitbit app. Chat support is pretty instant. You'd likely have it resolved by now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is all I get too when trying to see if my Fitbit needs updating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, to clarify, if you see a blank screen or Fitbit logo on your telephone, swipe off the active window (and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop the Fitbit App) then restart the phone, for good measure restart the watch and try again, the Fitbit App can be buggy.

If the watch is stuck showing the Fitbit logo, then blanking, this is a more serious problem and may not be fixable, have a look at posts about stuck on logo.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  My watch will reboot but as soon as it blanks out, I can’t get the screen to come back on.  Only way to get the time is a hard reboot if the watch every time.  Checked the app for firmware update and get the Fitbit logo for hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes