Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I perform a factory reset in my Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I factory reset my Versa? Wipe it off.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @woeblyrombley and @SLW422 thanks for stopping by.

Keep in mind that performing a  factory reset erases all apps and personal data from your Versa, including cards you added in your Wallet. But if you want to continue with this process, as mentioned by our friend, you just need to open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

On the Versa, go to the Settings App (little gear icon).   Choose "About" then "Factory Reset."     (See the User Guide, page 66.)

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @woeblyrombley and @SLW422 thanks for stopping by.

Keep in mind that performing a  factory reset erases all apps and personal data from your Versa, including cards you added in your Wallet. But if you want to continue with this process, as mentioned by our friend, you just need to open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

i cant get to settings on the watch....

stuck on the clock error dreaded homescreen....

resetting does nothing....

phone app wont connect or work

need to factory reset the watch from the watch using the buttons only.

please help...

Best Answer

What are the instructions for performing a Factory Reset when you can't actually USE the Versa device because the screen is non-responsive?

I got these instructions in an email from Support - but they don't work / are not physically possible:

1. Connect the Fitbit Versa to the charging cable.
  2. Hold all 3 buttons for about 15 seconds, until the Fitbit logo appears.
  3. When the Fitbit logo disappears release the Bottom Right button, then keep holding the Left and Top Right button until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated. This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the static logo will appear and the device will boot the image on the factory slot (Says go to Fitbit.com/setup). If you fail to release the 'Bottom Right button' in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure the static logo will reappear quickly and boot without factory reset.

I would hope your Support staff would be aware that the Versa's "charging cable" that is supplied with it is only a DOCK into which it rests, with a pinch of the sides, that then clasp *around* the watch.

Once in the dock, the buttons are no longer accessible.
Thus, there is no way to perform both steps 1 AND 2.

I tried to perform Step 2 and 3 anyway. I carefully followed the convoluted instructions, but I never "feel a strong vibration" while holding the 2 remaining button pushes. The watch appears to turn off completely and that is all.
If I then push a button I see the logo come and go, get some quick vibrations here and there, and  I do eventually get a fresh *restart*, but not a factory RESET, and no solution to my issue.

My first Fitbit (finally, one small enough for me!) and I'm about 1 day from returning this wrist-anchor.
Best Answer

I am having this problem at the moment, just a black unresponsive screen and my versa not being able to charge, very annoying! 

What was your outcome? 

Natasha.

Best Answer

Customer Service never provided an answer - they just kept asking for additional videos showing the issue. This was too much effort, since I don't have 3 hands (1 to take video and 2 to hold & release 3 buttons at the right time for a reset).

My Versa was only a few days old so I just returned the whole package to Target, where I bought it Smiley Frustrated

I bought another one and it's worked for a whole week so far Smiley Wink

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Best Answer

Yeah u can’t do 1 and 2...I am with you so idk what to do??

Best Answer

Hi, I bought mine from Target too, and I’m having issues with it! Were you able to exchange it at target without a problem? I’m nervous they won’t exchange it since it’s been opened! Thanks!

Best Answer

I had a black unresponsive screen random after one month of usage.

Holding all three buttons for 15 seconds solved my problem! It's working again.

Best Answer
Target took it back as 'defective' - no questions asked - since it was
within the time limits permitted in their return policy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same black screen and nothing happens, no factory reset, it doesn't charge in the dock, you can't reset while in the dock like the other user said.  Battery remaining was 49% when the shutdown occurred.  I've no solution...except to return the product as defective.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue. Awaiting contact from support with a replacement.

Best Answer

Hi there,

The issue is that my Fitbit Versa is locked and needs a pin change via my iphone (which I have tried doing many times) but fails to change the pin.

So this means I cannot get to the setup menu of the fitbit. I tried pressing the 3 buttons together until the logo disappears and release the bottom right button. Still doesnt work. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Best Answer

All of my apps are gone after I did the factory reset how do I get them back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they ever fix this for you? I’m having the same problem 

Best Answer

No. The helpdesk was useless. I dug around and found why it cannot reset my pin. It was because my credit card was still attached to the fitbit. When I removed the credit card from the fitbit, I was able to reset my pin without doing a factory reset.

Best Answer

I got a new fitbit versa and it does not seem to charge or connect to the app. It has the screen with all the different languages saying to download the app etc and when i put it on the charger it does not seem to charge. How do i reset it from there or what can i do

Best Answer

How do I reset versa to factory settings

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Black screen, no responsive except for a single vibrate after I dock on the charger.

Best Answer