Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I perform a factory reset in my Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I factory reset my Versa? Wipe it off.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to see you around @Odyssey13, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. If you have already tried the instructions provided by @Odyssey13 to perform a factory reset on your Versa and are still having issues with it, please let us know so we can help you further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day.  

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Ive turned of my fitbit versa to factory settings and now it wont turn on 

Best Answer

Hello @Bridgebrattan, thanks for joining the conversation, it's nice to see you around. Robot Happy

I appreciate you have come back after performing a factory reset on your Versa. Now, if it's not turning on, plug it in and leave it charging for 30 minutes, after that try to restart it by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. If this doesn't seem to work try a different USB port and try again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Called Fitbit and they told me to try to delete the device from my phone and reconnect it. Worst advice ever! It’s now locked and not connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmmyyyElizabeth what do you mean by locked? And could you please elaborate on steps you performed? Also, what's your phone model and OS.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

@AmmyyyElizabeth

mine has done the same thing. Locked completely off my Fitbit and I now can’t sync it to my phone because it will not let me see the pin to connect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

image.jpg

Best Answer

@Shannin this message means you typed the wrong pin at least 10 times. If you open Fitbit mobile app, when was the last sync? Is versa still linked with your Fitbit account or did you remove it from Fitbit mobile app? What's your phone model and OS? 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
According to the supervisor I ended up speaking with, there was no way
to fix it. device is completely useless now so fitbit is sending me
out a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all the reset steps I could find on the fitbit support online
and even called in to get one of their support staff's input (useless,
they told me step by step what you can find online). Finally got a
supervisor on the phone and explained everything I had tried to do,
including using the side buttons on the locked (with passcode) device,
using my app to reset it and even (with the advice from a support
individual) disconnecting my device from the app and reconnecting. the
last was the worst advice because since the device was locked by my
passcode it could not be reconnected to the app, rendering the device
completely useless with no way to fix it. yes, you have so many times
to enter the right or wrong passcode, however, if you sleep with the
device on your wrist you can bump the the side buttons in the middle
of the night (it does not seem to have to be simultaneous attempts,
just 10 attempts in general), waking up to find that you have to
unlock your device from your phone. only thing is there is glitches
with the unlocking from your phone process so then the app (and
support people will tell you the only way to fix it is to factory
reset)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks to everyone input on how to fix my problem I call fitbit today and it has been resolved thanks to my warranty I will be getting a new one 🙏🏾🙏🏾😇😇

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Mamoune69 Great news! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

My versa is telling i need to unlock with phone, but im strugling to connect 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Reboot your phone and the tracker (press and hold the left and bottom right buttons until fitbit logo flshes), open fitbit app and sync, then attempt unlocking with your phone again.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
Thanks the problem has been resolved

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory reset solved.

1. Get the charger without the watch in it.

2. Mark the places where the watch buttons would be.

3. Use an unfolded paperclip heated up with a lighter and poke holes with the hot wire at the location where the buttons will be at when it's charging! Remember do not leave the watch in the charger while doing this!

4. After poking three holes (one for each button, two on the right one on the left) Put your watching on the charger.

5. Use three unfolded paper clips and with the help of a few friends insert one in each of the holes.

6. Start the process of factory reset. Which is described above . Bingo done and working  

Best Answer

Factory reset solved.

3. Use an unfolded paperclip heated up with a lighter and poke holes with the hot wire at the location where the buttons will be at when it's charging! Remember do not leave the watch in the charger while doing this!

4. After poking three holes (one for each button, two on the right one on the left) Put your watching on the charger.

5. Use three unfolded paper clips and with the help of a few friends insert one in each of the holes.

6. Start the process of factory reset. Which is described above .
Bingo done and working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory reset solved. If you can't do it through the app. The charger furnished with the watch does not allow you to hold the three buttons for it covers them. So instructions are only for those that can understand and do it at your own risk! 

6. Start the process of factory reset. Which is described below.

Factory reset

01. Connect the Fitbit Versa to the charging cable.

02. Hold all 3 buttons for about 15 seconds, until the Fitbit logo appears.

03. When the Fitbit logo disappears release the Bottom Right button, then keep holding the Left and Top Right button until you feel a strong vibration.

Bingo done and working. 😊

Best Answer

I did a factory reset on my Versa and now it's only showing the Fitbit logo with download app in different languages. What do I do now to get my watch working again? How long does it take for a reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarieAtanasov Well, it's displaying a setup screen, so it has already reset itself. Go to your phone's Bluetooth settings and remove (forget) Versa from the Paired Devices list, then reboot your phone. Place Versa in the charging dock near your router and open Fitbit mobile app. Tap on the Account icon (looks like a business card) in the top right corner and scroll down to Set Up a Device. Choose Versa. It will ask you to replace the current one. Confirm. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer