Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I perform a factory reset in my Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I factory reset my Versa? Wipe it off.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201
Awwww ok thank you.
I will call them after work tomorrow

Many thanks
Leona
Best Answer
0 Votes
I emailed them at https://contact.fitbit.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too ever since the firm wear update I just get stuck on the logo n ive don't all the factory resets

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried reset my watch but its showing data not cleared sync and try again

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do i unlock my fitbit versa by my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

it is still connected to my phone which is an iphone 7

Best Answer
0 Votes

when Support isn't a black hole of no responses and ridiculous copy/paste "suggestions" ... they either don't actually have the model in front of them, or they cannot read a 1 sentence question with ten words

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't want 20 upsell messages a week. 

I don't want to reset or upgrade firmware monthly. 

Versa won't stay sync'ed through two charge cycles on any of three flagship devices that have no bluetooth issues with other products.

and god help you if the watch charges down to zero percent on a product with a 15+ minute setup process that you can do in your sleep by the tenth time. 

if hard resets are designed to require half hour set up ... how about designing firmware that at least pulls the time/date from *any* Bluetooth you pair it with?! 

I don't want a crappy app with crappy upsells with crappy feature sets -- just a watch that counts steps and displays the correct time & date.  

duh! 

* a Versa isn't a watch without the correct time; much less a smartwatch, LOL 

** and we pay 10x the cost of better devices that work first time, every time ... for the "privilege" of Versa? Your cheapest replacement bands cost more than other watches that don't come with crap rubber bands like the $0.50 junk strap that came in your fancy $5.00 box. 

*** apparently, this user doesn't like the hardware, or the constant nagging to purchase more features, or the non-existent (or unhelpful) support staff.  Maybe we're paying for some really awesome software, but I have no idea if it is any good because the hardware only worked properly for 31 days -- just past the return window. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@SunriseRun438 I'm kinda in agreement with you.  I'm having issues today that weren't there yesterday.  What changed overnight? Nothing changed on my end.  Why should I have to restart/reset my Versa 2 to correct these problems when every other week it seems I'm having a problem -- never did get resolution on my shorter battery life.  I posted about the problem I'm currently having (active minutes resets at every refresh on my iPhone) and am expecting to get the canned response, if any at all. I know I'm not alone -- clearly the dozens of other recent posts on this forum tell me that.  But my patience is wearing thin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me..not sure if it was 15 seconds but it did take a little while

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I rest my versa 2 on my phone or online if the screen is green and not responding?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have Fitbit Versa Lite...bought Sept. 12, 2019. 

Yesterday, although it was fully charged and had been previouly been working perfectly, but suddenly it wasn't accepting any input or showing any apps. Fitbit online issues suggested the only option was to do a factory reset, which her husband did.
Now, the screen constantly scrolls upwards, displaying multiple languages to install the Fitbit app. This does nothing. No apps or screen icons. Just multiple languages. How do I get icons and apps back?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I performed factory reset on my fitbit versa using settings>about>factory reset. But versa did not switch on again. How do I turn it on?

Best Answer

Following

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue, wish I could figure this out.  😞

Best Answer

I did this and it is now completely black and will not switch on. So many problems!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Hi @Pfontaine42, due to the recent events, I apologize for the delayed response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit Community. Regarding the screen issues that your Fitbit Versa experienced, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via phone. I'm glad to hear that a solution was provided and you are back on track with a replacement unit. Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance.

@Sousafem, thank you for joining us in this thread. I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa screen is black and it won't turn on. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue before contacting our forums.

I would like to know if your Versa vibrates when you put it on the charger. Also, let me know what troubleshooting steps you have tried since this will help me to avoid providing the same information. In the meantime, try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article may contain steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest. After this, charge your watch for 2-3 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Hi

Thanks for your speedy response. When I place the Fitbit in the charger there is absolutely nothing - no screen and nothing vibrates. This has occurred since I attempted to reset it 3 hours ago.

After an initial update about 3 months ago, the problems began. I changed absolutely nothing and suddenly it didn’t record my sleep properly. The vibrating alerts stopped working and the charge began to run out after two days. Alerts to indicate that the battery was low only happened about an hour before it ran out. It regularly runs out in the middle of the night or on a walk.

All I want is for my device to work. It hasn’t been dropped, stepped on or anything else. There was no change in the usage. It simply stopped which is the most frustrating thing of all!

Things tried are deleting and reconnecting the app, turning the phone off and on, disconnecting the device Bluetooth and reconnecting, searching for similar issues with other uses. I have regularly had to restart the device to put on the charger because it has gone completely flat. This involved holding the large button and the bottom button to get the Fitbit logo so that it will charge at all.

I have tried to restart the device since resetting by holding down three buttons simultaneously. The device remained black.

Resetting was a last resort for a device and company I have lost faith in.

Kind regards

Evonne

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I performed a factory reset on my versa lite, now the watch doesn’t want to update the tracker and the watch is stack on the Fitbit icon... kindly assist 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@eleanor_allen did you get assistance with the issue you experienced with your watch, as mine does the same and it’s been long with no assistance 😓😓😓💔💔💔

Best Answer
0 Votes