Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I perform a factory reset in my Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I factory reset my Versa? Wipe it off.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

Holding down all three buttons isn’t working. Tried twice for 30 secs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get it fixed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spoke with Customer Service and was authorized to receive a replacement tracker display. I dropped the defective display in the mail to Fitbit on Tuesday. Hopefully, it’s arrived and the exchange will be processed soon.

Thanks,
Zena

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchase the versa last night only to find out it's not compatible with my Samsung S9 so now I have to return it after being troubleshot many different options I can't factory reset it because it is physically impossible to do what it tells you to do I'm not impressed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dat heb ik gedaan maar nu komt er op "data not cleared sync & try again" maar ik kan niet meer dien niet op mijn account want daar is hij zogezegt weg en mijn fitbit wil ook niets meer doen

@SLW422 wrote:

On the Versa, go to the Settings App (little gear icon).   Choose "About" then "Factory Reset."     (See the User Guide, page 66.)

Best Answer

I did the factory reset.  A Versa icon is there but it says:  Couldn't pair with Versa.  Check your Versa settings and try again.

The wi-fi is on and so is the bluetooth.  I'm beyond frustrated!!!  

I accidentally unpaired it from bluetooth...that's how this whole fiasco started!!!

Best Answer

For notification vibration to work, just push and hold the left button on the Fitbit watch and you will see the notification settings for On and Off

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same issue... really bad experience and annoying this issue 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah. It doesn't work. I had to send mine in.
Best Answer

I just see a black screen or just fitbit logo... their guide to restore it is useless... it's really a hell 😞

Best Answer

So my versa is with black screen or fitbit logo frozen... nothing else... but I see other people lately having same issues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zkE20NSmE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbkQuslaTgY

I'm tired of trying to push the 3 buttons... nothing happens, I don't see any reply from support here in this thread... very disappointed 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems that there's a big issue with versa Smiley Frustrated

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Versa-black-screen/td-p/2712088

Best Answer

Had the same issue.  Spent maybe 10 minutes with support via Chat and they are sending a replacement.  Don't even have to send defective one in.  I'd prefer the one I have work, but it's been pretty easy to work with to get the replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That means that maybe the new unit also has issues and can fail too... I can't trust in fitbit with this kind of issues, the quality seems very low, thinking seriously to get an iwatch 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally they will send me a replacement, good action in less 48H

Best Answer

where did you reside? do you need to returned the defective one?

I had received their email contains the link to replace my versa. Since i am residing in Malaysia I am worried the replacement will take long time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold down all 3 for 12 seconds, then release lower right until vibrate, then release all

@Logan_0168 wrote:

Holding down all three buttons isn’t working. Tried twice for 30 secs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit Versa's charging cable is a docking station so how is a User supposed to hold all 3 buttons.  This clearly is not correct.  I would remove these instructions from the fitbit Community/Support and the web.

Best Answer

This is my

problem too. I’ve read if you remove the credit card from the versa you are able to change the pin. Well I can’t even remove the card without changing the pin, so I can’t do anything. It’s really pissing me off 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to download the Versa update for 3 days!  Thanks to your post, it is finally being done!  I took it out of the dock and did a factory reset per your instructions.  Then I pushed the left and right lower buttons together to reset, placed it back into the dock.  I removed the Versa from my account, then added the device again and followed all of the steps and viola, it started downloading.  Before, it never reached over 10%, but now it is doing it’s thing. Thank you so much for your help!

Cindy

Best Answer