Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I perform a factory reset in my Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I factory reset my Versa? Wipe it off.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

Thanks!  I needed to return mine and could not reconnect it to my app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I understand some of you have succeeded performing a factory reset on your Versa and some of you have resolved your issues afterwards. Now, for those of you who are still having trouble setting up your Versa after a factory reset I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, then try to set up again.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Versa one more time. 

Now, after setting up your Versa, it's possible you will need to perform an update. Before you begin the firmware update, make sure your watch is plugged into the charger and in range of your Wi-Fi network during the update. For best results, use your home or work Wi-Fi network. If you've never connected your watch to WiFi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?. If your Versa is having trouble updating with WiFi, please try the following:

1. Make sure your watch is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use. 
  2. Move your watch closer to your router.
  3. Make sure your router is connected to the internet. 
  4. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  5. Try again to update your watch.

If the update fails, restart your mobile device and try to update again. If your Versa can't update over WiFi follow the on-screen instructions in the Fitbit app to update your watch over Bluetooth instead. Note that firmware updates over Bluetooth may take significantly longer to complete. If the Versa is having trouble updating through Bluetooth try the following:

1. Try turning Bluetooth on and off on your phone.
  2. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  3. Try again to update your watch.
  4. Restart your mobile device and try to update again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I did the steps I could, hold all buttons to count of 15 till the logo popped back then went dark, placed in charger then added versa (had deleted) back to fitbit app, took over 20 minutes then it took me through the set up steps and is working fine again for 3 days so far

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Worked fort me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the setting app just the little name card in the right hand corner in the app? I can’t find “about” anywhere. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same issues. I bought it to brother for a gift and it stop working and he reset it to the factoring setting. Since then, nothing . It can't pair to his phone anymore and it keeps downloading over and over about 5 days now?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found this video that shows you how -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xTs59I3RZ0

Worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

need help reset my fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the article I found in the forum

————————- quote——————

“I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I understand some of you have succeeded performing a factory reset on your Versa and some of you have resolved your issues afterwards. Now, for those of you who are still having trouble setting up your Versa after a factory reset I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, then try to set up again.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Versa one more time. 

Now, after setting up your Versa, it's possible you will need to perform an update. Before you begin the firmware update, make sure your watch is plugged into the charger and in range of your Wi-Fi network during the update. For best results, use your home or work Wi-Fi network. If you've never connected your watch to WiFi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?. If your Versa is having trouble updating with WiFi, please try the following:

1. Make sure your watch is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use. 
  2. Move your watch closer to your router.
  3. Make sure your router is connected to the internet. 
  4. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  5. Try again to update your watch.

If the update fails, restart your mobile device and try to update again. If your Versa can't update over WiFi follow the on-screen instructions in the Fitbit app to update your watch over Bluetooth instead. Note that firmware updates over Bluetooth may take significantly longer to complete. If the Versa is having trouble updating through Bluetooth try the following:

1. Try turning Bluetooth on and off on your phone.
  2. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  3. Try again to update your watch.
  4. Restart your mobile device and try to update again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. “

Read the article I found in the forum:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone figured this out yet??

Best Answer
0 Votes
My reset worked fine but I used to get a buzz whenever I passed 100 calories during a workout. I can't, for the life of me, find where to reset this setting. It was very helpful. Any ideas?

Kind regards
Rosalyn
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through Settings and selected Factiry Reset. Then I tried to restart and I’m getting a big red X. Underneath the X, it says Data not cleared Sync & try again. If I can’t get it to open how can I Sync it? 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeattleRos Open your Fitbit mobile app and tap on Versa icon in the top right corner. Scroll down to Exercise shortcuts. Tap the exercise you would like to see the cues for. Set show cues to auto, select desired type of cue and its value. Sync. The same can be done on your tracker as well in the exercise settings. The cues are called laps I believe.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
Thank you – that did it 😊.
Best Answer

I tried factory resetting my versa and have it unlinked from my phone but all I get is a red x in a circle and a message that says data not cleared snyc and try again but I can't get it to sync to my phone because I can't get off that screen. I have held in the three buttons and the logo comes up but goes back to that screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mardecorus Go to your fitbit mobile app, Account, Set up a new device. Select versa. Press and hold left and bottom right buttons of your Versa while trying to set up versa.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thank You! 

Best Answer

What was your resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sunraysheryl What is the question? I know I am asking the obvious here but somehow we tend to deviate from the topic. 😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer