Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I perform a factory reset in my Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I factory reset my Versa? Wipe it off.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

If I factory reset does that delete all info as I find versa far too large for my wrist & I want to sell it. I also asked fit bit app to to Forget this device. Do I need to do anything else? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you just do a factory reset to delete yr data & account from the versa before taking it back. Ta

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a black screen and can't reset it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mamoune69 Have you tried plugging your tracker for charging for several hours (4 or more), then performing 3-button factory reset?

1. Press and hold all 3 buttons until Fitbit logo flashes (this may take up to 3 minutes)
  2. After Fitbit logo disappears, release the bottom right button
  3. Wait until you feel strong vibration and release the other buttons.

You may need to attempt the reset a few times to find the optimal times. Trying holding the buttons longer, as long as it's needed for the vibration to appear.

If you're successful with factory reset, please remember to remove Versa from your Fitbit account (in your Fitbit mobile app) and Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings as you will have to set it up again (add as a new device).

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
My app said it's fully charged do I still need to charge it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mamoune69 when was the last sync?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@Mamoune69 Merry Christmas! Did you manage to breathe new life into your Versa?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
No nothing it just vibrate when I tried to reset it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No nothing it just vibrate when I tried to reset it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the saddest ever Xmas gift from Fitbit.

My Versa died too. It will not respond to back+left or all 3 buttons after hours of charging,

Years ago I've left Fitbit for good after exchanging 3 Charge HR in two years due to numerous issues.

Where was my long term memory? Why did I even hope something has changed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a problem connecting to my Samsung S4. Finally found that I had to unpair two other Bluetooth devices even though they were not connected to the phone nor were they anywhere near the Versa. The other two devices are actually miles away but the app doesn't seem to like multiple devices in the list. Once I unpaired the old devices, setup went quickly. I hope this helps. Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves for this mess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same on the versa..gets to phase two of the setup process and then shuts down back to the beginning. Tried all the hard boot restarts. This is ridiculously long on the set up process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mamoune69 I'm afraid this might be a hardware issue. Please contact Customer Support as you might need a replacement.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

The issue with mine is definitely firmware. I'm shocked at how sophomoric the firmware on this thing.

Best Answer

Just got a Versa. Even more difficult to set up than the Blaze. Even 2 hours on Fitbit chat I could not make the thing download firmware. A couple of points common to this thread:

1) On initial set-up, nothing will make the F/B vibrate indicating that it has done a factory reset. I tried every combination of buttons. Plus of course, you can't press the buttons if the Versa is in the dock. I'm guessing that on initial set-up, you're pretty much stuck at factory configuration anyhow.

2) I can get the Versa to pair with my Samsung S7, and connect to my wireless network, but it gets stuck when trying to actually do a download.Eventually it all times out.

3) Tried the usual reset, reinstall, re-pair, reconnect dance that is all too familiar with Fitbit devices, all with customer support on-line but with no luck.

Best Fitbit could suggest is to process RMA or return Versa to store.

Fitbit engineering, if you read these reviews, please address the serious QA and usability issues with Versa. Seems like this is not the only device that simply does not work. Also need to address ways a user can monitor the whole setup process.

I have not been able to set-up any Fitbit device without resorting to hours of chat or phone support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FB_Versa_V_Bad Do you have any other trackers on your account? If yes, remove them before setting up Versa? Do you have any other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone? Unpair them, and reboot your phone. You can add them later. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes. Place Versa in charging dock. Make sure both devices involved are on strong WIFI network and very near your router. A tip, try different wifi (friend's place?) or setting up via Bluetooth tho it will take hours. Alternatively, you can attempt setting up (adding Versa as a new device to your Fitbit account) using other device like borrowed iPhone etc.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

i found this post long time ago and wanted to share with you. How to reset Versa

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, then try to set up again.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Versa one more time. 

Now, after setting up your Versa, it's possible you will need to perform an update. Before you begin the firmware update, make sure your watch is plugged into the charger and in range of your Wi-Fi network during the update. For best results, use your home or work Wi-Fi network. If you've never connected your watch to WiFi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?. If your Versa is having trouble updating with WiFi, please try the following:

1. Make sure your watch is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use. 
  2. Move your watch closer to your router.
  3. Make sure your router is connected to the internet. 
  4. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  5. Try again to update your watch.

If the update fails, restart your mobile device and try to update again. If your Versa can't update over WiFi follow the on-screen instructions in the Fitbit app to update your watch over Bluetooth instead. Note that firmware updates over Bluetooth may take significantly longer to complete. If the Versa is having trouble updating through Bluetooth try the following:

1. Try turning Bluetooth on and off on your phone.
  2. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  3. Try again to update your watch.
  4. Restart your mobile device and try to update again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ikoIko

That's the same thing Moderator @MarcoGFitbit posted in this thread back in September. It's Post #42 on page 3.

Did you have a problem with your Fitbit? You can also find information on this article - click to go there.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

how do I do a factory reset on versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Osamu71

Factory reset your Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Ionic, or Fitbit Versa to erase apps and all personal data from the device, including credit or debit cards you added (on devices that support Fitbit Pay). If you want to give your device to another person or wish to return it for a refund, first complete a factory reset:

On your device, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset or Clear User Data.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer