Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up a Versa 3 for a child?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, Merry Xmas!

My 11 and 8 year olds have received Versa 3 each for xmas. Im trying to link them to a child account but no option to do so. Can they be linked? If not, do i have to set them up as an adult account? 

I cant believe fitbit would have restricted the option of a versa 3 being set up on a child account.

Many Thanks

Greg

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @gregpc1 , Fitbit have set up special protections on child accounts and therefore only the child designed Ace and Ace 2 trackers can be linked to a child account.  Unfortunately it is not possible to set up Versa smart watches to child accounts.

Due to federal regulations children must be at least 13 years old to have an adult account.  

If you would like to add your voice to the suggestion of allowing more devices on a child account please vote for, and comment on, this feature suggestion .

I am sorry not to have a better solution for you at this time.  Season’s greetings, and welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @gregpc1 , Fitbit have set up special protections on child accounts and therefore only the child designed Ace and Ace 2 trackers can be linked to a child account.  Unfortunately it is not possible to set up Versa smart watches to child accounts.

Due to federal regulations children must be at least 13 years old to have an adult account.  

If you would like to add your voice to the suggestion of allowing more devices on a child account please vote for, and comment on, this feature suggestion .

I am sorry not to have a better solution for you at this time.  Season’s greetings, and welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I have the exact issue! Bought versa 3 for my daughters and cannot link the account and they don’t have phones her (9 and 11) so here I am one app, two sign-ins and have to disable my phone ringing on their watches and texts and calendars coming through. I also can’t believe it’s not possible! 

Best Answer
I’m just hanging out playing Bingo By Myself!! Lol I do appreciate my Versa 3 but sometimes a lady likes to play with others !
I am still not in the community

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe a warning on the package, cannot be used for under 13s. I've just spent $$$ and only find out I can't use it after opening so can't even return the watch. Seems like a money grab from Fitbit!  Wishing I had gone with Garmin. 

Best Answer