Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I setup weather on my Versa?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There's a weather app on the watch and when I click on it, it says no location information and to go to the mobile app to set up weather - I can't find it anywhere on the app or online?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

I'm having the exact same problem. Under the Weather settings on the app on my phone, I can add my home town location under Settings, but when I hit "back" to exit out of Settings, the location I added is gone and just the default "Current Location" remains. This happens every time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue when I add cities to weather app until I added cities and just closed app—-don’t go back, this is what finally worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for the pictures instructions ....it did work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi nice to meet you😁 I am the junior of using  Fitbit Versa 2 ☺️ I have followed your instructions of setting the wether app in Fitbit mobile app already, but why when I add the city, nothing happen? Please reply me as soon as possible because I am in hurry🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrating. Even customer service was no help in setting this up...no weather set up. Took forever to set watch. Can not sync to my phone and iPad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am no longer able to get weather on my Fitbit versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to sync it to your other items. Such as iPad, iPhone etc.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have already done that. It was working for a while and now isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for going into more detailed explanation.  The other directions didn't make sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the instructions to the letter, but still no weather.  "No Weather Data Available.  Sync with the Fitbit Mobile App to update."  I'm using the Fitbit Versa 3.  I did add my location in the settings on my phone, and have no issues with it saving.

Now it works.  I guess you have to post to this thread for it to start working.  

JuanJoFitbit_0-1634815062011.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can set it up, i follow the instruction to the letter - it just doesn't work.  I get the same message as you. I'm new to fitbit and find most of the apps are half baked and flaky. disappointing...

Best Answer

I did that but it still shows F not C on the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot 2021-11-14 195439.png

I don't have the apps as you can see in my photo. How do I get it on my Samsung phone?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click on Gallery. On the next screen, you'll see 3 choices at the top (Your Device, Clocks, Apps). Make sure "your device" is selected and scroll down for your currently installed apps. Select "Weather" and you'll then see and option for Settings. In "Settings" select "Unit" to toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius.

Best Answer

When I go to Gallery it says I have no internet connection. I have an connection and every other thing connects fine to internet and I tried with both wifi and cellular.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For anyone still having trouble with the weather app on the Versa 2. I just purchased one myself this may help. In the FitBit app there is no Apps as shown above. Rather than go into FitBit app, simply open the settings on your android device. Scroll down to Apps tap to open. Once in Applications you should see all the apps you have loaded on your phone, scroll down to FitBit tap to open. Scroll down until you see Permissions tap to open. Location tap to open. Alow all the time must be selected. I had mine set to only when using the app. Weather seems to only work if you allow location all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!!! That worked! What a relief.

Best Answer

Thank you! Finally an explanation for updated Versa 2s. This worked perfectly but is VERY well hidden (apparently the moderator isn't even aware of it). Followed your instructions and everything clicked into place as it should and I now have weather. Once again, thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem since the new iOS update. It is not even showing that there's a Weather app within the Fitbit app for me to turn on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is that there is no weather app to turn on. How do I rectify that?

Best Answer
0 Votes