Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer Music to my Versa?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I transfer Music to my Fitbit? I watched a video on YouTube which makes it look easy except for the part I am suppose to click on the tiny watch icon in the upper right corner of my dashboard. I don't have that small watch icon so now what?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

A warm welcome to the Community @cowleygirl and @lexi83 thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you keep having issues transferring your music to your Versa? If you do, I recommend taking a look at the How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch? and Why can't I download music and podcasts to my Fitbit watch? article and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Would fitbit roll out an update so that  you  can  just  transfer music from your  phone to the versa via BT or just  by adding  to my account?  My Samsung gear fit 2 had that  capability.  I don't own a laptop at home,   only a tablet and my laptop at work doesn't allow us to access the Windows App Store.  This  is really disappointing and frustrating.  

Best Answer

Hello. I have a Fitbit Versa and I was trying to set up personal music on it. I have a MacBook, and I downloaded the Fitbit Connect app on it, and when I clicked the “Manage My Music” button on both the computer and the Fitbit, the Fitbit keeps showing a message “Use your computer to start transferring music.” Both the watch and the computer are connected to the same WiFi router, but the watch keeps showing this message. How would I go about fixing this? Thank you!

Best Answer

Music transfer is done via the desktop or computer app. Close the app on the phone while doing so. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So when I am uploading, I close the app on my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get connected? I am having the exact same issue!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My son finally did it- no clue how!

Paula
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope.. so frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you able to download music from your iTunes library? because that is the issue I am having. all my music is in there, and it says the file is unrecognized.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to have windows 10 or above.

Paula
Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont have windows 10 so right now I can't do anything.. it's so frustrating that you have to have Windows 10 to do this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried over and over from iTunes and it goes through the motions, taking forever, then when it claims the transfer is done, there is no music on the versa. I’m so frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I threw in the towel; returned the Versa and sucked it up and got an Apple Watch (non cellular) . Best. Move. Ever! 

Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apple Watch is nice - but not for fitness tracking. Blows zeros in that department.
Best Answer

My playlist shows 139 songs , when i hit “ transfer music” on my versa it just keeps coning back with “ use your computer to start transferring music” then end now. On my computer beaide my playlist purple dots just keep turning ! I have been teying for days to music on this watch with no luck 😪

Best Answer
0 Votes

Start on page 54 and see if that helps - directions are different for a Mac or a PC...

https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdf

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I finally figured it out! So if you go on your computer and download the Fitbit Connect app, you can plug your Versa charger into the computer. Then, plug your Versa into it and go to the Music app on the Versa. On the computer, click “Manage My Music” and click “Transfer Music” on the Versa. It does take quite a while; five minutes at most. Finally, it connects and will show all of your iTunes folders to transfer. You then click the check marks for what folders you want to transfer and click “Upload”. Set aside about 15 minutes for this, depending on how much music you wish to transfer. Hope I could help!

Best Answer

i just got it working like you explain.. works awesome

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thank you for your great feedback regarding music transfer and my apologies for the late response. 

Some of you are mentioned the option to transfer music using the mobile phone to make more easy this process. So, if this is of your interest please visit the following Feature suggestion: Allow Music transfer from phoneNote that the windows 8.1 is not longer compatible and Music transfer is not an option for this platform.

Also keep in mind that in order to transfer music, the Wifi settings has to have configured the same network that is connected the computer for this to work. For more details, please refer to our help article: Why can't I control music on my phone with my Fitbit device?

I want to give a special shout out to @versa123 for sharing this workaround. Thank you for your insight on this subject.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto.. 

the wifi options just does not work.. I tried all day yesterday and i am a network administrator.

Trust me. .i know computers and wifi.. i just could not get it to work.. i had to use versa work around.. 

this is a new product.. i understand that there are bugs.. but ... acknowledge them and fix them.

Best Answer

Thanks  for your help.  I have not yet tried this but plan to tonight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes