Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer Music to my Versa?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I transfer Music to my Fitbit? I watched a video on YouTube which makes it look easy except for the part I am suppose to click on the tiny watch icon in the upper right corner of my dashboard. I don't have that small watch icon so now what?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

I can’t even get to that stage!

When adding the folder, I open the folder to view the tracks & they’re greyed out. But they’re not greyed out when I open the folder outwith the FitBit app!

Best Answer

@Sheba94 This is the link Fitbit connect app for desktop. You downloaded the app from this page under the title “Don’t have a Mobile device available?” Just click on the right relevant software you use eg Mac/windows etc then hit the download button 

Best Answer

@wozzer1969 @Ash_01 

all I did was download the Fitbit connect app for desktops. Then signed in on it. Open the music app on my watch. Then I clicked on manage music on desktop.  It then comes up with getting started screen.  I then tapped transfer music on my watch then on your desktop it comes up with your playlist from your computer where you can select what music want on your watch.   I then selected my music and it transferred (very slowly 90 mins for 64 songs for me however I’ve heard it took others much longer)   While it’s transferring it will give you an estimated time, which constantly changes. I had to keep an eye on my watch and desktop to make sure it didn’t time out. So be aware of that 

When it’s done, on your desktop you’ll  purple ticks next to the transferred music. 

Ive attached pix so you can see what my screen looks like if it helps some. Please note I use Mac so if your pc/ windows etc it could look different but I’m not sure on that. 

Hope this helps 

7B50ED1D-906B-4F93-AA63-C3C8FA42632D.jpeg67D8EF7E-E3C1-4AA6-A8AF-600133105722.jpeg5B039718-35C6-481C-9DDF-B637486BD2B0.jpeg

Best Answer

If we are talking about LOCAL music transfer (personal library, no Deezer or Pandora!), mine takes usually 20-30 seconds per song (8,5MB per song roughly). Please note: the most important factor is Wi-Fi speed, stability and strength in your room/building/flat! Both the PC and Versa need to have good Wi-Fi reception - the better, the faster the upload of songs to Versa.

But if we are talking streaming services (for example Deezer) - yes, that is painfully slow on Versa. But again - the closer to the Wi-Fi router, the better. That is all you can do to help it.

Best Answer

Just a few hints:

1. Read instructions on Fitbit website! http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2251/?q=Music&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1
  2. Windows app (for Win 7, 8, 8.1) can be downloaded here: https://www.fitbit.com/uk/setup?platform=win
  3. Only MP3, MP4 (AAC) and WMA (Windows) files are supported.
  4. You cannot transfer licensed music (e.g. music from Apple Music, Spotify etc.) - it has to be music you own and is in supported format!
  5. You need to have Fitbit or Fitbit Connect app on your PC or Mac, connect your Versa to the same Wi-Fi as your PC and start "transfer mode" in the Music app on the Versa.
  6. Mine usually takes 20-30 seconds per track (ca. 8,5MB). The stronger local Wi-Fi, the better.
Best Answer
0 Votes

WOW. That’s much quicker than mine.  My WiFi is good but it still took a while to transfer my music. seems to be the general consensus when transferring 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is so more I just learned and got it working finally... First if you have your Versa BT connected to another device (other than the Windows 10 App) disconnect and then the Versa should be able to be found by the Windows 10 App.  Also disconnecting it from the other device (which is my iPhone) during the Music Transferring process seems to help speeds for me a lot.  Pairing headphones has been more problematic for me but i think it is my set of Gabba Wireless earbuds that have to connect to each other first via BT and then connect to the source device of music.  However i dig the feature of controlling my iPhone music from it and using my BT headphones i have paired with the iPhone.  Defeats the purpose of transferring files to the Versa by doing this but really wanted the music on the versa because we go some places that have almost no cell signal and would like to not have to load my phone up with music for my walks and now can just use the Versa...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lexi83: What does "my WiFi is good" mean? There are so many variables and factors influencing Wi-Fi stability, performance and speed that it is never great. It depends on your router, network band, interference in your area (e.g. how many other Wi-Fi networks there are around), Wi-Fi adapter in your PC, Wi-Fi adapter in Versa, number of devices on the network, signal strength (both on PC and Versa) etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reply made this information both accessible and reasonable.  I like that you added the time it could take to transfer.  Am I cirrect in assuming that we need bluetooth headphones to listen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just one more note: you don't need to connect your Versa to your PC via Bluetooth. Simply not needed - I know it because my Versa is NEVER connected to my PC via BT, yet music transfer works just fine. As long as your Versa is linked to your Fitbit account (which it is always), the Windows 10 app finds it. Again - it does not have to be directly connected via BT to the PC. Then you go to Media, Personal Music and "transfer mode" on your Versa. The app finds it (in a moment) on the Wi-Fi network and done. Of course it is needed your Versa Wi-Fi is set up (add Wi-Fi network via Fitbit app).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Victoria1972: Yes, if you want to listen to your music on Versa (without phone), you need to have Bluetooth headphones paired and connected to your Versa.

Best Answer

@wizaard Well I seem to be able to download music from iTunes easy enough. I don’t have any interference when I stream things like Netflix or amazon or virgin media on the go or tv player. Nothing else was connected to my WiFi network when I did the transfer (as I switched off any other activity that was not needed for the transfer to make it quick). I was close to the router. 

I mean I don’t know what else I could have done to make it quicker

yes other things can disrupt connection but it’s a little extreme I don’t know how many other networks are around and all the other technical stuff. But this is simply transferring music it just should not take that long. And a lot of people have experienced the same thing as I have and in fact much worse. 

Personally I think a to transfer of music via the charger lead for the versa should be an option as I would assume it would make the process quicker

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazing - thanks so much for that!

Are you using music from iTunes? I have dragged and dropped music from my library to a folder on the desktop and asked the FitBit app to find the music from there. Is that what you have done?

My iTunes library is all stored on an external hard drive so I thought that perhaps dragging files on to the Mac desktop would help.

Thanks

Ash

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both my laptop and versa are literally sitting beside my hot spot.  The laptop is connected as always, the versa says it sees the network, but WILL NOT CONNECT.  On the rare occasion it does (if I uninstall and reinstall all pairings, wifi, reset, the works) it will hold a connection for less than an hour, say "upload successful" and disconnect again.  It has uploaded 10 songs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I am having horrible issues with syncing music (my own or Pandora). I am working either with my phone's hotspot (keeps dropping, has issues connecting) or WPA2-Enterprise WiFi which I am obviously not able to connect to.

Being able to sync media is a big part of my intended use for the watch. I have spent two days trying to figure this out. I am now wondering if there is any way to sync using the charger as a USB cable? A trick I am not aware of?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The USB charging cradle is for charging only, it does not carry data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for confirming that. I had a friend help me by using her WiFi network so for now it seems to be syncing.... ever... so ... slowly.

I hope this finally works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do set up music on my fitbit versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

AGREEEEEE so annoying

Best Answer