Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the water resistance feature work on Versa 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do I have to put my versa 3 in swim mode when showering to make it water proof? Or is it waterproof all the time?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The swim setting is for it to measure your swimming activity.

If you are not going to swim there is no need to choose swim as an exercise.

It doesn't change the watch characteristics regarding it being waterproof or water resistant.

Hope that helps.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Watches are not designed to be waterproof in hot water, best to take it off.

Best Answer

@Guy_ Leah Aly these watched are only water resistant, their is no legal definition for waterproof, even when referring to a rain coat. 

Best Answer

Hi there @AlexC04, welcome to the Community Forums. 

As already mentioned by @Guy_ and @Rich_Laue, most Fitbit devices are water-resistant to 50 meters. They're designed to be swimproof and stand up to even the sweatiest of workouts. 

Even though it may be ok to shower with our water-resistant devices, not doing so reduces the potential for exposure to soaps, shampoos, and conditioners, which can cause long-term damage to your device and may cause skin irritation. We also don’t recommend wearing any of our devices in a hot tub or sauna.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I understand water proof vs water resistance and I have read the manual. The root of my question is, do I need to put the Fitbit on the swim setting, or any other water setting, prior to submersion regardless of the activity?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The swim setting is for it to measure your swimming activity.

If you are not going to swim there is no need to choose swim as an exercise.

It doesn't change the watch characteristics regarding it being waterproof or water resistant.

Hope that helps.

Best Answer
That is very helpful. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unlike the inspire 2, your watch does not have a water mode to disable the touch screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you recommending not to wear the versa3 Fitbit during Water aerobics classes??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KarinAStewart  - You can wear it, as its waterproof, however it has a very touch sensitive screen and it is possible functions may be initiated.

Best to try and see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KarinAStewart I'm not sure who you are asking. 

Your tracker is an activity tracker and may be worn during water aerobics, you may want to use the workout mode that gives the option to rename the event after a sync. 

@Guy_ leagaly there is no definition of the term " waterproof" when it comes to trqckers. Watches are water resistant to XX pounds of pressure. Which is the point at which failure may occur. In general showering is not recommended, however Fitbit disagrees. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time my fitbit versa 3 gets wet it goes to settings and vibrates.. What is the deal with that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ljasmith  -  try putting it in swim exercise mode that should stop the screen from being touch sensitive when in water, assuming it's not water getting in that's causing an issue,.

You will need double button press to exit. 

Best Answer
OK... thank you!
Best Answer