Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy is it to change bands?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How easy/robust is the band change mechanism? Could one reasonably do it twice a day: sport band during the day and dress band during the evening? Or is the feature designed for occasional long-term replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
124 REPLIES 124

I find it strange that there are hundreds of watch models that use this type of band connection and they are still selling them.  Yet when it’s on a Fitbit watch nobody can manage it. 

They used an existing standard connecting method.  The Samsung gear 3 uses this same connection.  I don’t hear their owners screaming that it’s impossible and they want to return their watches. 

Best Answer

I have used many watches with this connection, but the versa one is truly horrible, Have you actually tried to change a vesa band?  I would be fine with the challenge of getting it attached if the band actually stayed on.  It’s almost as if the band is too big for the watch and the pins just don’t line up properly when the band is put in place.  The pins are maybe too short or the hole isn’t deep enough for them.  

Best Answer
I agree!
Best Answer

My wife and I agree - luv the two new Versa watches - BUT changing bands is horrible because of the 45 degree angle the band has to be in to put it on. Sometimes the watch falls off because we can’t tell when it’s in place. 

I’m getting a tad better - but my wife hates changing the silicone bands all together- so after a week we’ll be returning both watches. 

Best Answer

The Fitbit versa bands are the worst.  The 3rd party band I have gotten are much easier.  You can actually lay the bands down flat when you put them on.  No angle required.  

Best Answer

As a little experiment.  I just removed and reinstalled the 3rd party silicone bands I have for my versa.  Laying in bed. On my side.  I completed the task in 24 seconds.  If I can do it.  Anybody can. 

Best Answer
Thank you for agreeing. Maybe some of the watches are defective. It seems
really odd that some folks are saying how easy it is to change the bands,
and some of us are having such a difficult time. I would guess the watches
we have are defective in that they don't line up correctly.
Best Answer

I think so many users have upgraded from the Charge2/Alta/Blaze ... all had bands that were literally a snap to change, so that is the experience and expectation. I bet that's part of the frustration. Also, it sounds as if the 3rd party bands are easier to put in place. I was attempting to switch the original Fitbit bands (switching from small to large) for the first time and it was not easy! Glad some are having success. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone thank you for your input regarding the Versa wristband. Have any of you tried using the tweezers like it was suggested before? Also check the video we have on the help site as it may help with the process (although I know most of you if not all of you know how this works so don't take this the wrong way). 

Does anyone else has any tips? If you do could you share them here? Feel free to add a video if you wish and thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hello All, I have angled the rubber lip in and the pin seems to be in place to click in, but it wont attach completely.  I feel i am pushing too hard on my new versa  Help please!  This is just the factory silicone band that came with the watch.  Thank you!

Best Answer

Spot on - it seems like some of the Fitbit straps/bands are to big to fit in and don´t attach correctly - there`s no way to know other than a small "click" sound.

My own black strap fit perfectly and snaps right in - but the white one just won´t attach. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did just get the small band to attach, but did not hear a click so i hope it stays attached 🙂

Best Answer

I agree, it’s one of the hardest bands to change.  I love the look of the Versa, but the ease of changing the bands (which I love to do) of the Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarciM, I had a Fitbit blaze before my actual Versa and for sure it is very much easier to change bands as me.
I use a casual band during the day and a sport band on my activities at evening.
This common tab system is terrible, always hurt my nails and I'm always press something on Versa, accessing an unnecessary app, for example.

Best Answer

That’s so interesting because I had the opposite experience.  The Fitbit bands went right in, but 3rd party bands I’ve never been able to get to work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lss716 wrote:

Hello All, I have angled the rubber lip in and the pin seems to be in place to click in, but it wont attach completely.  

After you pull the little ball toward the center of the Versa to get the pin in place, you have to push the little ball toward the outside of the Versa to "lock" it in place.  I have had luck doing it this way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried, MarcieM? Do you have a Versa?  cause it isn't easy at all.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa band change is ridiculous!! It was a Father's day gift for my husband and we have yet to accomplish 'snapping' the large band into place. He has tried, I have tried. Both unsuccessful....  It should not be this difficult, I am pretty sure we will be returning this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I switched my band the first time and it took just at an hour. Now I am at the mark of hour 2 because the first band broke and I still can't get mine to switch 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve had some luck changing the pins to ones I know work

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes