Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy is it to change bands?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How easy/robust is the band change mechanism? Could one reasonably do it twice a day: sport band during the day and dress band during the evening? Or is the feature designed for occasional long-term replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
124 REPLIES 124

Well I recently discovered a game-changer when it comes to bands for the Versa ... there are just a couple band/case combos, where it comes with the band attached to a case, and the Versa snaps (and this IS a literal snap) into it. I bought two so far (a metallic black, and a black band with all the holes). SO simple to switch between the two. I know there are protective "bumper" cases for sale, but I think those just fit over your Versa with the band attached (I haven't tried them personally). I'm not sure if this is made to provide any protection, or just ease in changing bands (I'll take it for just the latter). It adds a tiny bit of bulk, as it fits around the Versa, but I'm okay with that. You do have to pop the Versa out to fit it on the charger, but seriously it's so easy to put back in that I can do it without even looking (which happens as I charge before bed, then slip it back on to track sleep ... I don't even have to turn the light on to get the Versa in the case and the band on my wrist).  I've ordered one more in silver. I didn't care for the silver band (I'd already bought a regular magnetic one that attaches with pins) with my versa's black face, but I think I will, when the bumper case is silver too, to tie it together.  I'd share the links, but I noticed both places I ordered from are currently out of stock and I wasn't sure if they allowed links here. Just look for one that has the bands attached to a case. I guess that's how the Blaze works, and I hope more companies jump into this market!

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing that you found something that works well for you.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
Can you tell me where you bought them? It is too much of a hassle with the
pins.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Barbs000  I just bought them off Amazon. There are a few different sellers. We'll see if a link works ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CSNGS4C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm hoping at some point we can buy just the frame, as I had already purchased a few bands. I'd be willing to mess with the pins one time to attach the bands to the frame. So far though, I've just used the bands that came attached. They are good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I think I found the bands you refer to. The only choices were
melanise magnetic bands. I ordered 3 colors and will receive them in a
couple of days. Glad to know these may be as easy as they seem!

--
*In memory of our son who passed away June 4, 2009,*
*we wish to invite you and yours to consider signing up as organ donors. *
*organdonor.gov**Every organ donor is somebody's hero.*

*We welcome all to visit Ryan's site*
RyanCloseTribute.com
We remember you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not received them yet, so I can't say for sure they are the answer.
I ordered them from Amazon. Here is the description:
iTerk Fitbit Versa Bands Frame,Milanese Mesh Loop Stainless Steel Metal
Replacement Wristband Bracelet Strap Magnetic Buckle Protective Case Bumper
--
*In memory of our son who passed away June 4, 2009,*
*we wish to invite you and yours to consider signing up as organ donors. *
*organdonor.gov**Every organ donor is somebody's hero.*

*We welcome all to visit Ryan's site*
RyanCloseTribute.com
We remember you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best Answer
0 Votes
As time goes on, I am finding it easier to change the Versa bands. I actually can change most of mine within 20 seconds now, with minimal nail breakage. Can’t say exactly why, but practice is helping. Also, if I do struggle with one, I change the pins, and that helps. I feel like pin size is the biggest factor in whether I struggle or not with the band.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not remove the small band that came attached. I can remove the side with the buckle but not the other. I press so hard I might brake something but can not remove the end with the holes in it. I wear it with the small band but it is not comfortable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just removed my small band using a screw driver to force the pin. The replacement snapped in with no problem. If I need to go back to my small band I will use the pin that works. Thanks for this forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

An absolutely IDIOTIC system. Great if you like to break fingernails, time waster.

@N8teGee wrote:

The process looks pretty straightforward, although maybe a little tricky for those with big hands/fingers. I would say very similar to the Blaze.

IMG_20180318_161703_348.jpg

IMG_20180318_161739_338.jpg

Best Answer

@Bcrainb,

I happen to like the tiny lever system, but just out of curiosity, I just removed and reattached my band with my car keys.  It worked just fine.

You still carry keys, right?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
It took me forever to find out that one needs to hold the band at a certain
angle; I managed to put the original band back on— gave up on color
changing. I think it is not a matter of force but one of stealth. I suspect
my new strap might have been a tiny bit too large. Not sure.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally managed to get the original strap back in place— it only works when holding it a certain angle as the lip has to get into the notch just right. It might be a matter of stealth vs strength, I hope. I will try another night.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My original band had a tiny lever that was jammed. I had to force it out.
The new one pops in and out with my finger nail. No effort no time
involved.
And no, I don't have keys. My last three cars have not had keys.
Thanks, nothertoy

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

First Happy New Year to everyone.  But wow what a pain in trying to change the versa band. Let say I follow every direction including the one on YT.  My brother got a versa and was trying to change the small band to large.  Well we spend 1 hour plus and yet the band remain unattached. In other words we remove the small band however to insert the new one has been a very beyond challenged and frustrated.  I have arthritis in both of my hand and this task it’s beyond painful.  My brother has big hand lol and he also has difficulty.

So because the band and the watch now remain in a desk with one band on, and the possibility being return. As for my Versa not a happy person, because what is the purpose of selling different style of bands when people like myself can’t change them?

Best Answer

@MED413  I remember changing (attempting) the band for the first time. It was SO hard. There are tricks (I think even youtube tutorials) often having to do with the angle of insertion. But - I found a band/bumper combo ... the band comes attached to the bumper, and the Versa just pops right into the frame. There are only a couple of types of bands (the metallic magnet ones, and a sport one, just on Amazon, a few brands/sellers) but I found the bands attach to the bumper the way they do to the Versa, so I bought an extra and swapped out the band for a "bling" one (so I did have to mess with the pins again that one time) but now I switch between these bands and it's a snap ... literally! https://www.instagram.com/p/BmyI-vbB7m1/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update to my original issue with the band change..i exchanged the versa i had the issue with.  the new one is totally different and i can easily change bands.  i have now used about 4 different bands and all click in without issue.  i really think my original one had a defect.  Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the suggestion, my brother planning to return the watch because it’s only 2 months old and he said it’s not worth the struggle or the headache. As for. Myself since it the same it falls within probability will do the same.  Great watch horrible design

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are the actual size of the band? I have a very small wrist so therefor I need the adjustable band.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same experience.  Always had great experiences and support from Fitbit.  I was excited to have the new Versa and wanted to change from the pink band to the black band.  I have small fingers and tried for over an hour.  Looked at videos and read suggestions.  I cut under my thumb nail and broke 3 other nails and never could put on the old or new band. The Fitbit customer support woman suggested I return it for a refund.   I’m returning the Versa to the store tomorrow.  Very disappointed and frustrated.  

Best Answer
0 Votes