Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy is it to change bands?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How easy/robust is the band change mechanism? Could one reasonably do it twice a day: sport band during the day and dress band during the evening? Or is the feature designed for occasional long-term replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
124 REPLIES 124

My solution is to return it the store where I purchased it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called customer service after I broke 3 nails and cut my thumb trying to change the band on my new Versa.  Her suggestion was that I return it for a refund if I couldn’t change the band. That is what I plan to do.  This is my first bad Fitbit experience.  Frustrating and disappointing.. 

Best Answer

Thank you for everyone who reply with suggestion. I will attempt only once to change this band, as again my brother only attempted once for an entire day and half and he is returning the watch without even wearing once.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolute hardest and most frustrating thing ever in this world 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Changing the bands on the Versa is THE worst thing about this device.  Just brutal.  I couldn't do it with my big fingers and was going to end up throwing this thing through a window.  Had to get my wife to do it and even she struggled (and she has a ton of patience, unlike me).  I had the Charge 3 before the Versa and changing bands was SO easy on the Charge 3.  Why would they use this stupid system on this Versa?

I most likely wouldn't mind having a few different bands for this device, but not a chance I'm going to be changing them out unless I absolutely have to.  Ridiculous design.

Best Answer

I totally agree!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never was able to change the band. Cut under my nail and broke two fingernails trying to change it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t give up - after having my Versa for about 8 months, it does get easier to change the bands. I did find that off market bands don’t always work as well. That’s what I usually buy, but I do have a few from FB that go on easier! I change mine a lot. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have only tried with another Fitbit Versa band and could never get it. Very discouraging because I would like to change the band. Don’t even know where to take it to have someone else do it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same experience! SO frustrating! I’ve been a fit bit wearer since day one and tried multiple versions of the watch and never have had as difficult a time! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up ordering a new device with the band color I wanted already on it. But I know I would like other bands and will not purchase because I know I will be unable to change the band. Glad I’m not the only one having this problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awful experience changing bands - actually I couldn't do it.  Took it to a watch repair and took them almost 30 minutes and they charge me $15 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me - broke so many nails, and my fingers became arthritic more so than they already are.  Had to take to watch repair - took them 30 minutes and $15 dollars later.  Tainting my whole experience with Fitbit and Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree 100% - this is tainting my whole Fitbit experience.  I went back and forth whether to switch to Apple watch but I have been with Fitbit since the beginning.  Because I immediately through away packaging as I had never had issues with the 5-6 prior Fitbits, I could not return mine.  But after 3 days, broken finger nails, arthritic fingers and literally breaking into a sweat, I finally put the original band (silicone) back on.  I won't change the band and I hate that but I will replace Versa as soon as I can afford to and go Apple Watch.   Fitbit please read these posts and DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ISSUES!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s very frustrating. I’ve never gotten a solution from Fitbit. Hopefully they realize the problem and are working on a solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with you about the function of the Fitbit itself. I like the way it works. Like you, I would like to change bands but am unable to. I’m stuck with the original silicone band that came on the Fitbit I purchased to replace the first one I bought when I never could get the band on it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The key piece of info that Fitbit did NOT provide in their instructions was to "Get the angle lined up"! Why force people to do searches, and look for videos, rather than providing this simple, but KEY piece of information in the instructions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit left out a key piece of information their instructions for switching bands: "Get the angle lined up"! Why force people to do searches, and look for videos, rather than providing this simple, but KEY piece of information in the instructions?!

Best Answer

It's nearly impossible.  I just wasted an hour of my life trying to get it to fit inside.  I understand the concept, watched videos, and tried it exactly as shown.  But, I simply don't have the mechanical ability to change this.  And, it's not like I'm geriatric.  I have only had mine for about a year before the band broke, so I ordered a new one.  This was so horrifying and killed my nails that it has turned me off to ever buying another fitbit product.

Edited:  Ok, the person above me was right.  I mean, I don't know how to describe exactly what I did, but I changed the angle I was trying to put it in, and forced...I mean, FORCED, it in, and finally got it.  So, now at least I can use it until it breaks again...at which point, I won't be replacing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wonder if Fitbit reads these posts and knows how difficult and frustrating it is. I love the watch itself and want to change my band but I tried before and has the same impossible experience you had.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes