Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy is it to change bands?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How easy/robust is the band change mechanism? Could one reasonably do it twice a day: sport band during the day and dress band during the evening? Or is the feature designed for occasional long-term replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
124 REPLIES 124

I don't wear mine anymore. They have lost me as a customer! 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

I had the same issue (including the broken nail) with my new Versa 2 this morning. Only after I read the silicone bands are easier to put in at a 90° angle did I get it placed properly

Best Answer
0 Votes

As stated above:

Put the bands that come with the Versa at a 90° angle to the side of the watch instead of straight in. I spent an hour trying, with one broken nail. As soon as I changed the angle of went in

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just recieved my fitbit and needed to change bands. I got the original off easily, but putting the other on was a nightmare. I broke my thumbnail and was ready to throw in the towel after even using a toothpick. I just couldn't figure out how to use two hands because it really needs three or more. I had a friend show up just as I was ready to beat it with a hammer and they had a tool they use to repair musical instruments and had the new band on in several minutes. But, it should not be so hard and no woman should have to sacrifice a nail because a product has a poorly designed band attachment. It is very unacceptable. I would day more people struggle with it than find it simple or easy to do. Fitbit needs to go back to the drawing board and do better. I may or may not keep this fitbit because if someone has issues as this I cancel them.

--------------------------------

I too for 2 hours before a friend was able too. But they repair musical instruments so they had tools to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

Thank you for the details mentioned, for sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. I understand that this can be very frustrating and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. You can confirm the steps to change the band in this help article: How do I change the band on my Fitbit device?

If you continue experiencing difficulties, please contact our Support team for further assistance. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes