Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy is it to change bands?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How easy/robust is the band change mechanism? Could one reasonably do it twice a day: sport band during the day and dress band during the evening? Or is the feature designed for occasional long-term replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
124 REPLIES 124

I found it to be easy, I'd recommend trying tweezers if hands are to big. I put the side without the lever in first and push down on the mini lever while putting in the spring loaded end. The leather band goes in easier than the plastic one it comes with.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I found this thread interesting. I have tried two different Versa and in both cases it was really easy to change the wristband so I wasn't really sure what was happening here. After reading this thread I borrowed another Versa I could see that in this third one the pin was stiffer so changing the wristband took more effort but after a few tries I was able to do this faster (still more difficult than with the previous two Versas). Since there are different experiences here I would like to know if the ones who are having difficulties have found any tips to make the change easier. @cnyram thank you for mentioning the tweezers option I did think about this but I haven't tried it so it is great to know this worked for you, this could also help other members in the same situation.

Please share your wisdom here and lets help each other!

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hi 

I've just bought a new versa and was having difficulty fitting the classic band ready for a morning swim. After 30 minutes of trying (and a broken nail 😀) I realised the classic strap needs to be attached at a more acute angle, almost 90 degress to the versa's body, than the fabric strap. 

Best Answer

I have been trying for about 40 minutes to get this band on - had to switch from small to large.     I'm done - I cannot get it on and my thumbnail is cracked and my thumb is sore.     I am amazed.    I ordered 2 replacement bands too.     I will be sending all of this back.     I cannot believe they would make something like this.     I don't know if it's a good watch or not - didn't get that far.   

Best Answer

This is a standard attachment for hundreds of watches.  It’s nothing out of the ordinary.  Take your time.  Once you get it figured out it’s a breeze. 

Get the angle lined up and snap the pin in place. 

Best Answer

I actually appreciate how easy Fitbit made their bands to switch out. I bought a couple of 3rd party bands and they were a bit more difficult to put on compared to Fitbit’s silicone ones.  But still only taking a few seconds to change out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm being tongue in cheek here but what worked for me was getting frustrated, finding a youtube video on how to change the versa band and poof...even though I didn't do anything different, it went right in. 
The second time it happened, I was like..huh....:) A video as a good luck charm, who knew 🙂

Having said that...I'd not want to change the band again, it was a maddening experience. 

Best Answer

I agree. Changing bands is totally frustrating. I have spent 30 minutes, with my new Versa, and I am unable to get ANY of the bands back in.  What should have been excitement at getting a new device has turned into a totally negative experience.

Best Answer

How'd you do it!? I've been trying for the last two hours, and I only managed to get one strap of my Versa back on!!

Best Answer

I've been trying for the last two hours, and I only managed to get one strap of my Versa back on!!

Best Answer

Same here. My nails are done for. I might send the whole **ahem** thing back.

Best Answer

It's a little tricky if you use the standard rubbery straps because they are designed not to fold back very far.  However, I change my fabric one and a third party silicone one out a few times per week with no problem at all.  The fabric and 3rd party silicone ones are easier to swap because they can be bent further towards the face of the Versa, thus exposing the little pin you need to slide in order to remove/insert the strap.

Unless you have gorilla hands I wouldn't worry about it too much, but each person has different abilities with regards to little fiddly things like this.

Best Answer

I just received my Versa special edition and fought with changing the fabric band to the classic band for about 15 min and finally got it to clip in.  For some reason I wasn't able to get the pin to clip in at all, it took alot of fiddling to get it to clip, no where near as easy as my Charge HR2.  I am going to use the watch for a week and see if I like it enough to fight with the band change or if the band change gets any easier.  It just seems really difficult to find the tiny hole for the pin??  I am mildly disappointed that I may have to return it.

Best Answer

Not similar to the Blaze at all! The Blaze watch does not have pins, rather it pops out of the frame, and the frame and the straps are one component.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I have come up with a way to change the bands!  I was able to do it twice yesterday in under 5 minutes each time...I am right handed - I lay the Versa face down on the fingers of my palm up left hand with the thumb holding it still on top (button ends are up and down - band ends are left and right) - so, I am not touching the side buttons.  With my right hand, I angle the band up 45 degrees so that the ridge goes in - I put in the first end of the pin, then use my right index finger to pull the pin toward the center to insert the second end of the pin - then, with the right hand still holding the band in place, with my left thumb (this is the smart part, I think), I reach across the back of the Versa and push the pin toward the outside to secure it. No broken nails, no muttered foul words...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a pain. I’ve had a pretty good workout trying to get the second side of my new band attached, and I still haven’t been successful. I have an Alta HR and a Charge 2 (easy change), and this Versa band is such a disappointment. 

Best Answer

Definitely trickier than the alta/charge2/blaze ... those are a snap to change out. I finally got the band reconnected, I don't think I'll be taking it off again. Very difficult to get into place!

Best Answer

I too cannot get my band changed on my Versa. I should not have "upgraded". I have tried, my husband tried, and my daughter has been trying for the last 45 minutes to connect the band. This is just crazy for the money paid! I will probably send it back. What a shame!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well after wearing it for 2 weeks I am sadly going to return it, and probably go to an Apple Watch.  At least if I invest that kind of money I won’t be scared of the band coming apart at random times and losing the thing.  Fitbit needs to really rethink the watchband connection for the versa.  I have been a avid Fitbit user for a few years now and I shouldn’t have upgraded to this watch 

Best Answer
I agree!
Best Answer
0 Votes