Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long can Versa be in the water?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, if I am going swimming, how long can my Versa be in the water before being submerged in water?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hey @1swat1, great to see you participating in the Community.

Regarding your inquiry, Fitbit Versa  is swim-proof (up to 50 meters). For more information, take a look at the help article Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device?.

Happy stepping. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Is that 50 meters deep? and how much time can the versa be in water? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We know how deep it can go but how long can it be under the water for? Like time? An hour, a couple of hours? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Ajendas80, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

Please note the Fitbit Versa is swim-proof and can be worn in the lake, the pool or the ocean for as long as you like, taking in consideration that it is resistant up to 50m underwater. With that said, it’s important to thoroughly dry your elastomer band and tracker and remove any debris from your device after wear in the water Take in consideration that non-elastomer accessories should not be worn in water. To minimize damage to your watch, avoid any direct contact of sunscreen or insect repellent sprays with your tracker or watch. Remove your tracker while applying these sprays. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

A question was answer that a fitbit versa can me emerged for 50m, but how many hours can it be in water??

Best Answer
0 Votes

It said that it could be underwater as long as you would like it to be just as long as it's not past the 50 meter mark.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah how long can the Versa2 last underneath the water surface

i don’t mean how much meters but HOW LONG

Best Answer
0 Votes

We just found my son’s that he lost in the water 6 days ago, it was dead but is now charging. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And what about now is it working? Did it charge? If it did how long did it take? Did it need to dry out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accidentally didn't take mine off going into the ocean. Salt water worried me. Sure enough my ankle kept buzzing. Fitbit not working right. I tried drying it out that day but wouldn't stop buzzing until the battery finally died.  I tried charging the next day it wouldn't.I put it up. I just took it out and it's working. It took a couple tries of charging and cleaning it completely with rubbing alcohol. Not sure if that is recommended, maybe not  so don't take my advice.After that it is was working fine. So far still charging and keeping a charge. Mine is 4 years old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve worn my 3+ year old Versa 2 in the water (pools and ocean) many times and never had an issue. I think the longest at one time was about an hour between swimming laps and for a water aerobics class. Ocean diving was more like 20 minutes at a time down to 80 feet. 

I never was brave enough to push the button underwater though…

Best Answer
0 Votes

So basically, indefinitely? I can drop it in the creek and find it 2 days later and it’ll work?

Best Answer
0 Votes