Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many days last the Versa battery?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought and started to use the Versa on Thursday. I'm only 10k plus is a bonus stepper. My battery lasted over 4 days. It was at 36% so fully charged it as was doing challenges and didn't want it fainting. Two days after charge today being the 2nd day battery at medium. Would that last another 2 days? Or is there battery power saver? Confused.

Tia

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
41 REPLIES 41

Hey @wee_kels73, it's great to see you around.

The Fitbit Versa battery can last up to 4+ days. Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary. Consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• Make sure you're charging Versa fully each time. It can take up to 2 hours to charge your watch. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Turn off All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app because it increases battery drain on both your watch and phone. Note that if you turn off All-Day Sync, certain apps including Weather won't work since data isn't being sent from the Fitbit app to your watch: 
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
    2. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.
  • Turn off the quick view option; instead, tap the screen to turn it on:
    • On your watch, press and hold the back button, then swipe to the quick settings screen > Screen Wake > Manual.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. Note that the green LED continues to flash even if Heart Rate is turned off.
  • Turn off call, text, calendar, and app notifications if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life:
    • On your watch, press and hold the back button, then swipe to the quick settings screen > Notifications > Off.
  • Charge your watch more often if:
    • You play music or use the music controls frequently
    • You use apps that keep the watch's screen on or frequently access the internet
    • You use an interactive or animated clock face
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for the info! Just bought a Versa -- first time Fitbitter! Still waiting for watch to sync. How long does it take???

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you did all of this then why did you buy a Fitbit?!?  Basically turned everything off!

Best Answer

Hi,

I had the same problem and turned off all of the settings that I wanted the Versa for in the first place.

In the end, it turned out to be really simple.

In the first few days, I have naturally experimented with different clock faces. I chose a really plain, elegant one that had the absolute minimum of stuff on it. Clock hands only.

It turned out that this particular face totally drained the battery within about 30 hours.

I now have the "Flare" face and have all the settings turned back on and need to charge my Fitbit every 3 days or so but it never gets down more than about 45%.

I really hope it is as simple for you to fix this,

Jett

Best Answer

My Versa battery life only lasts 24 to 28 hours. I have done all the suggestions to prolong battery life except turn off notifications because I only get about 8 per day. Until a week ago it would last the typical 3 to 4 days. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? I have had it for only 3 1/2 months. 

Best Answer

I would love to find this answer as I am having the exact same problem! 😕

Best Answer

I reached out to the company yesterday, they even told me the exact day I started having issues. Followed by an email to help them figure out why my battery is drawing in so quickly. I’d contact them quickly for assistance.

Best Answer

It last 4 days. I used to wait to 10% to recharge it. But last month my versa die. I call customer service  since I was on the first 12 months of being purchased (Fitbit purchased April 2018, died March 2019). They sent me another Fitbit.  Now I'm wondering if I have to keep doing what I was doing with my previous Fitbit, or do I have to charge it every day.  So my Fitbit doesn't die again. 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm really not sure as I had the same issue and just received my
replacement fitbit. I am setting it up as I did my other and hoping that
things go well with my replacement. I originally got 4 days and I was happy
with that. I'm sorry this wasn't much help.
cherrill
Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same last month. My Versa didn't work well: battery lasted only 2 days. I requested the substitution with another one but I still have the same problem. After only one day, battery low at 40%. 
Any other with the same problem?

I think a sofware updating is needed.

Ilaria

Best Answer

I've had my versa since mid Jan 2019. It would last 4-5 days, using the basic apps it was set up with, sleep, steps and heart rate. I use to get notifications and call alerts but the last 5 to 6 weeks this has not been consistent. Do i need to be within a certain number of meters from my phone to receive notifications?

Ten days ago the battery started draining dramatically. I am lucky to get 24 hours now, i changed nothing. After reading these posts I've turned everything off, except the time.

Ive shut it down, restarted it a few times. Ive always charged it with my Samsung wall charger, from the same power point. I will try charging from a computer to see if this gives me more battery life.

How do you know if it needs an update?

Must i plug both my phone and watch into the same computer and connect to same wifi?

Ive also waited until my battery is 0% before charging and always charged it to 100%. Should i be charging it before it gets to 0%?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. It is dying after two days. I charge it on a Monday and will be dead by the Wednesday! I have done all they say to do however they have said it’s not showing on the system! 

I would recommend taking all notifications off and contact them however make sure you have evidence of your battery lowering or they will not help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I’ve had my Fitbit for maybe half a year. Just recently out of no where the battery has started running out really quickly. It used to last me about 3 days with text notifications and reminders to move. My all day sync is off however.. I’ve since then turn off the reminder to move and turned the screen off from coming on upon raising. I’m not playing music through it. I charged it over night last night. Put it on at 9am this morning. It’s 5pm now and the battery is at 38% I’m about to go and work out so I doubt it will last through until o go to bed. What can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have (so far) opposite experience. My Versa was able to provide me about 4 days of tracking, but recently I'm able to get full 7 days. It might be able to pull extra day, but I did not want it to die. This includes all notifications enabled and pulse/sleep tracking on, all day sync off.

Now as bad part - screen got crazy. One day it starts to show just little of glowing, no watch face, no logo in case of reboot. Next day it might start working again for few hours and then back to simple glow. And all this time tracking was still fully functional.

Requested replacement and just received it, so will update how new Versa holds battery. I'm afraid that long battery life was a sign of dying screen 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its all very well taking the advice to turn things off but this is defeating the object of having a Fitbit as you are not using all of the things its meant to do I think you need to look at the battery options and maybe put a better battery in the watch to enable you to use its full use

Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah i just bought the versa and the battery is junk compared to my previous garmin vivoactive hr, and that watch lasted me 3 and 1/2 years. Very disappointed that i have to charge the stupid thing every 2 days. The quote on 4 day charge is a complete lie unless you just plan on using it to tell time and time only 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I charge mine every 6 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
what settings is yours on, cause mine sure don’t last near that
--
Trish Bunnell DCMMA Gym Manager / Crossfit Level 1 Trainer / Strength &
Conditioning Coach 8021 Dixie Highway Suite 102 Louisville, KY 40258
502-937-8797
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've have had my Versa for almost a year (11 months), up until a couple of weeks ago, a full charge typically lasted 3.5 to 4 days, then the heart monitor has become flakey, it works for a while, then it will falsely tell me its going at 170, then it stops. Yesterday I got a 90 minute sitting at my desk. I decided to do the upgrade, thinking that might help. Since then battery life has been terrible, I have to charge every other day, the heart monitor is still flakey. I wish I could get rid of the upgrade. I have been a big fan of Fitbit for many years, but my current watch is becoming useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes