Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Spotify HR to Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have downloaded the Spotify HR app on my Fitbit and have the Spotify app on my phone.

I've followed the login prompts but when I open the app on my Fitbit it comes up with "No active device found. Please open Spotify on your device"

I've tried opening the app on my phone and also within the Fitbit app but still nothing.

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

You can still control Spotify music from the Versa using the music controls (hold down the button on the left side of the screen). I know this isn't what the post is about but I was feeling similarly disappointed that it appeared the Versa had less capability than my Blaze. But, I realized that I don't need the Spotify HR or the Music apps to control music. The Music app and the "music controls" (accessed by long pressing the left button) are different things. 

Best Answer

So, it may not work with Flyer bluetooth headphones ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had this problem too. Make sure all of these things are active on your phone:

- Bluetooth is activated

- Your phone is logged into both the Fitbit app and the Spotify app

For me it still showed the - No device connected - message.  

From here I held down the left button for a few seconds and the Versa connected to Spotify.  Hopefully this helps. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. It's great to have you on board @Kritchie and @CityPupMom, have a warm welcome. Smiley Happy

Please note that even though Spotify is not yet available in the Versa you can use Music Control as described by @Livinirie84. I understand how important is for you to have Spotify added, which is why I would like to encourage you to check @erinleigh417's suggested idea to implement Spotify support in the Fitbit Versa. Feel free to add your vote and comment to this idea, this is truly the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

@CityPupMom, the Versa is able to connect to Fitbit Flyer without inconveniences, if you're having trouble setting it up, please follow the instructions kindly provided by @Macdonl and let us know the outcome. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the suggestion worked when I tried it two days ago when I was at home. But today at the gym, doing the same set up, it says that there is no local music. Any ideas? I’m connected to WiFi at the gym. I can’t figure out any other differences that would be causing it to not work. Just a side note, the music situation on the Versa is so less than desireable and making me question whether I should have bought it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the very same issue
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also disappointed with Spotify HR not being supported by Spotify.  I keep getting an error message that connection to app was lost.  Might have to change my subscription to Pandora.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's useless if Wi-Fi is required.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit PERFECT SOLUTION! After I opened the Spotify and Fitbit apps on my phone, I then opened the Spotify HR app on my watch, and played a song from my phone. Once my phone started playing, my watch switched screens and went from "No active devices found" to playing music and giving me options to shift songs/playlists. Thank you!

Best Answer

I to just got a Versa today. I downloaded Spotify HR. It took me awhile but you have to go into the settings on your Spotify app. Click on your library on your Spotify app to get to settings and then click Devices and then turn on show local devices only. On your Versa go to Spotify Hr it works you can skip songs. But you need to make sure you have your Fitbit app open as well or you’ll loss connection. I hope this was very helpful. Have a Fabulous Evening!!

Best Answer

Worked, thank you for the tips.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you log in with an other account on the spotify HR in your Fitbit versa. I cannot listen to music so I think I connected with a wrong spotify account. When I want to undo this it does not work. When I log in it’s always the wrong account and I can’t change this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're amazing! Thank you. Just got mine yesterday and had been trying to figure out how to get my Spotify to work with my Versa. I tried all the other previously posted recommendations with no luck. Yours worked instantly. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works 😄 Thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem and got onto the developer who had this to say......

you need spotify premium for Spotify hr work fully. In premium you can select songs and control them at your leisure how you wish. In basic it plays a shuffle and that’s it. 

Hope it helps people out.

if you want to skip songs then like others have said just use the music control function on watch.

London, EnglandInline hockey playerCycling commuterFitbit Versa
Best Answer

It’s says open app on phone... I had to actually start a song on my phone for it to start. 

Do you have to carry your phone on you with it playing for the versa Spotify hr to work. If that’s the case then I might as well just use my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do take my phone anyway, but you're correct on using the phone to start music. First time ever this morning I actually used my watch to adjust the volume, it was heaps easier than reaching across to my armband while running uncoordinated 😬
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'd have to actually try this and have had this same thought.

I have a new phone and I'm having trouble pairing devices
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, this worked after I had the same issues as everyone else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought the idea of the app on the versa was to put a playlist on the watch? Might have dreamt this up but I’d rather run through a park with a £200 watch on my wrist than a £200 watch on my wrist plus a £1000 phone in my pocket? Am I wrong? Shorts, tee shirt, light weight watch rather than an expensive phone jumping around in a zipped pocket. The only benefit of taking the watch with you other than the fitness tracking is being able to skip a song and volume control?

Best Answer