Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall clock face on my Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I uninstall a clock face and where do I access developer menu?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Thanks, that worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A clock (Trace, by Fitbit) is stuck on "switching". I have tried all suggestions provided to delete this clock. There is no option under settings to delete. It won't let me install any new clocks because it says "please wait, clock installing". I have reinstalled the app on my phone, and restarted the phone. Still "Switching"

Best Answer

My experience has been to wait. I've tried stopping the fit it app, logging out/in, logging in through a diferent phone. Connecting the tracker to WiFi in hopes that the clock will update that way. 

Nothing seems to help me, but to let it do its thing. It eventually straightens out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should have said "Reinstalled Fitbit App" on my phone. And restarted both the watch and phone.

Since I tend to ignore things when possible, I've let this go on already for 2 months. Now I would like a new watch face and am unable to make it happen.

So it seems that waiting it out will not fix it...

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I unsaved the clock face in the app but the face is still available in Versa2. Even after refresh it doesn’t seemed to go away. Ridiculous

Best Answer

I’m having trouble with Trace as well. Have deleted it from the Fitbit mobile app, but it still appears as an option on my Fitbit Versa. Would like to know if/when possible “fixes” are offered, so I can try each one hoping to find one that works for me.

I take part of my reply back. There is no “delete” option for this clockface.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The garbage can for delete will be found in the Fitbit app. 

Even if the face doesn't disappear from the tracker, you can still add a face. You can even replace a face without deleting the one that you do not want. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank. Finally solved it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can indeed do those things, but it's quite annoying to have a clock face I no longer want in my device's options and not be able to remove it.

. and the annoying clock face doesn't show up as one of my options in my mobile app. Thus no delete-from-there option. More concisely put, the annoying face shows up in my device options but not in my app options where there is a delete option.

Best Answer

If the face isn't showing up in the app, Fitbit says it is not installed and really should disappear during the next sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Should" is the key word there. "Should" but didn't in my case. Many syncs and several resets later, the clock face remains on my device.

Best Answer

If it really bothers you, then replace it witth a free watch face you like. It really isn't hurting anything where it is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't "really bother" me. I was simply entering into the conversation and letting others know I've had the same issue which nothing previously offered has solved - including the idea you most recently offered, I might add. 

Best Answer

What works for me, is to choose the watch I don't want and replace it with the wanted face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To uninstall a clock face, go to clock faces page. Make sure you aren’t using the clock face you want to delete. Then, select the clock face and press “Remove clock face”.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do we get the original clock face back on.

How do you get rid of this fish clock face I'm Versa light and put the original one back on? Someone please help me or call me 570-407-1972.

Best Answer

The original clock face is called “Layers”. Go to the clock face page, press the + symbol under “My Clock Faces”. Press “View All” by Fitbit and you can find the clock face there. Press “Select” for the “Layers” clock face and you are good to go!

Best Answer
0 Votes

rb70, have you tried to select the clock face you want on your Versa? I had the same problem trying to switch the clock face from my device. I had to select the clock  face from my Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sunny2020, I had the same problem. I re-saved the unwanted clock face and selected it for my Versa. Then, I switched the clock face to the one I wanted. From there, you can click on the unwanted clock face on the “My Clock Faces” page and press “Remove clock face”. They key is to not have the clock face you are trying to delete selected on your Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there SBS35, I had this happen to me too. To fix it, I re-saved the unwanted clock face and selected it for my Watch. Then, I switched the clock face to the one I wanted. From there, you can click on the unwanted clock face on the “My Clock Faces” page and press “Remove clock face”. They key is to not have the clock face you are trying to delete selected on your Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes