Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 lite vs P8 lite syncing with Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just upgraded to the Huawei P20 lite and have struggled to pair it. I checked the list of compatible phones and those seem quite old. I didn't see the P20 of there but neither the P8. My P8 synced with my versa just fine, no problem. It gave notifications and everything. So I don't think the "lite" aspect is the problem. When trying to set up my versa on the P20 it immediately finds it but then doesn't want to connect even though it is on charge and bluetooth is on. Is there a way fitbit can fix this? I'd really like to see my stats again. Thanks in advance!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hey @Croft3, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! As you mentioned, since both of those devices, the Huawei P20 Lite and the Huawei P8 Lite, aren't compatible, I can't guarantee that you won't experience setting, syncing and notification issues. On the other hand, I really don't have any information about when are they gonna be released as full compatible. That being said, I have told other users that they can follow the troubleshooting in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? The steps there might help you out to connect your Versa. 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Croft3 just wondering if you managed to get your Huawei P20 lite to work with the Versa, I have just got the Versa and was looking to upgrade my phone and really like the look of the P20 lite.  My partner has the Huawei P8 lite 2017 and the versa paired with that fine and all notification worked even though Fitbit say it's not compatible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Dean68, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! As I've mentioned, the fact that some phone models don't appear on the list of compatible devices, doesn't mean that they won't work. Let me suggest you to take a look at the troubleshooting in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Although I can't guarantee that it'll work. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there! No it still does not sync. I sent my watch in to the store i
bought it so maybe they found a way or maybe not, I'm still waiting on
that. My p8 also synced perfectly but not p20 lite 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Croft3, I appreciate your response! Well, I hope it could sync, but as I've mentioned, this is not guaranteed considering the fact that this is not a compatible device. 

Due to Bluetooth issues that prevent certain devices, like Fitbit devices, from syncing, our products aren't compatible with the following phones:

• Huawei P8 Lite
  • Huawei P9 Lite
  • Huawei P20 Lite
  • Xiaomi Mi 6

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the response!

It's just so unfortunate, i love my p20 lite and the versa, and i don't
want to downgrade to something that will sync with my phone. It just sucks
because my p8 lite synced 100% and that technology was obviously a bit
older. Will fitbit expand their sync base to huawei soon or does it just
not work like that?

Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Croft3, I hope you are doin' fine! To be completely honest with you, as far as we know, our team still working on many phone models to make them compatible with Fitbit trackers and watches, however, we don't which are those phone or tablets, so I couldn't tell you that the Huawei models that I posted above, will be compatible anytime soon. 

In the meantime, you could try to sync with a computer or maybe another compatible device. 

Let me know if you have further questions or comments! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Croft3 @Dean68 From a very cursory glance I see that Versa used to work for P8 Lite owners before September 6 2018, which corresponds to Fitbit mobile app update to version 2.78. Have you tried any version below that? How about installing 2.74.2? Look for it on the internet. 

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install an older build of Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in your phone's bluetooth settings
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions and sync.

The trick here is to not pair in phone Bluetooth settings but rather let the Fitbit mobile app do that. 

Additional tips if sync issues persist: If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it, then sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure Always Connected, Keep Alive Widget and All day sync are enabled.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes