Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I"m getting broken sleep tracking-Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi folks! I just got a fitbit Versa after spending many years researching and waiting for the right one to come along. I have had it for about 3 days and am getting used to all the quirks.

One thing, which seems to be a software issue, is the sleep tracking. I"m getting sleep tracking, but broken---in that I went to sleep, it recorded a short sleep cycle, then there are 2 hours missing, then it started up again. Details are there, but I'm confused with 2 hr missing data. I have to keep the band a bit loose as I am allergic to it---I've ordered a metal one that is enroute, but won't be here for another week.

Next, I am an active Equestrian (dressage/jumping/eventing) and am trying to figure out what to choose when I ride in regards to the options given. Would I just leave it and just let it track my heart rate rather than try to guess what sport it is closest to on the exercise app?

I'm loving this so far, glitches and all. Worth the wait 🙂 

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Darkhorse3211 I'm glad you're enjoying it. How about creating a custom activity? This way you could manually start the workout from your watch, then after it's finished, sync it and rename it in the Fitbit app. I do that for snow shoveling ☺️ You need to create the custom activity using a browser. I believe it can't be done via Fitbit app. To create the activity log in to your Fitbit dashboard on Fitbit.com and go to Log tab. Choose exercise. There somewhere near the bottom should be custom activity section .if I remember correctly. ☺️

ETA: I just checked .You don't even need to create custom activity. It's already there called horseback riding. I would still manually start workout on my watch, then rename it to horseback riding in the Fitbit app.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Darkhorse3211 I'm glad you're enjoying it. How about creating a custom activity? This way you could manually start the workout from your watch, then after it's finished, sync it and rename it in the Fitbit app. I do that for snow shoveling ☺️ You need to create the custom activity using a browser. I believe it can't be done via Fitbit app. To create the activity log in to your Fitbit dashboard on Fitbit.com and go to Log tab. Choose exercise. There somewhere near the bottom should be custom activity section .if I remember correctly. ☺️

ETA: I just checked .You don't even need to create custom activity. It's already there called horseback riding. I would still manually start workout on my watch, then rename it to horseback riding in the Fitbit app.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I haven't really figured out all the specifics with this tracker which is why it's great there are forums like this. I will go do that now! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Darkhorse3211 wrote:

Thank you! I haven't really figured out all the specifics with this tracker which is why it's great there are forums like this. I will go do that now! 🙂 

Enjoy your new watch! ☺️

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes