Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address wifi "off"-how to turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa has stopped syncing with my Android phone. I've rebooted phone, versa, forced stop, turned off and on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections on my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, all following the proper procedures. The only thing I see that I can't seem to change is the versa's setting, under "about" that the Wi-Fi is turned off (under IP address) and I don't know how to turn it on. Any ideas?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Jhg1108 , to enable your Versa's WiFi, put it in the charger and connect it to your PC. Go to the Fitbit app, press in the dashboard the watch icon and scroll down to WiFi settings. Press that. When everything is correct you should see the name of you network at home with on the right side of it (assuming you have entered the password of your network) a white WiFi icon, press that and Fitbit will startconnecting to your WiFi network. Once this is established, the icon turns to blue and says connected. Now go to the settings of your Versa and scroll down to device info and press it. Scroll down untill you see IP address and it should show you the IP address of your network. Regards kuzibri  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hi @Jhg1108 , to enable your Versa's WiFi, put it in the charger and connect it to your PC. Go to the Fitbit app, press in the dashboard the watch icon and scroll down to WiFi settings. Press that. When everything is correct you should see the name of you network at home with on the right side of it (assuming you have entered the password of your network) a white WiFi icon, press that and Fitbit will startconnecting to your WiFi network. Once this is established, the icon turns to blue and says connected. Now go to the settings of your Versa and scroll down to device info and press it. Scroll down untill you see IP address and it should show you the IP address of your network. Regards kuzibri  

Best Answer
Thanks so much. I will try it as soon as I get to my PC.
Best Answer

I did everything you said and it says connected but unfortunately on the Versa IP Address section it still has WiFi off :(.  I’ve tried it already 4x and still nothing changes 😞

im using iPhone. Maybe it’s only androids that fixes the problem?

Best Answer

When I go into the Fitbit.com app on my pc, click on the watch icon, I don't have a wi-fi option.  I'm having trouble getting my wi-fi on the Versa tracker to on position in IP address.  

Best Answer

I've got an Android phone myself and am having issues too. It's only started doing this, this arvo.  And my notifications aren't coming up at all. The app says to reboot phone (doesn't work). Does anyone know if we really have to hook the charger to the pc? Is there anyway to do this using the app and it being in the charger in the wall?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 seems to be connected to the internet and syncs OK but on the watch it still says 'wifi off'. I've tried for hours setting it up conected to PC and iPhone but nothing I do changes the 'wifi off'

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem and nothing works

Best Answer

Same....  don’t know how to fix it.  

Best Answer

Mines done the exact same. After playing around I managed to fix it buy going into my fitbit app, and went to WiFi settings, forget the network and reconnect. Its worked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done that also, still doesn't work

Best Answer

Mine will work anywhere from an hour to a day and them stops synching again. It's crazy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and got so frustrated that I did a Factory Reset and did the install again.

Since then everything has been working as advertised. The only thing I did differently from the original instal was to do the update over WiFi and NOT Bluetooth. Oh and the initial WiFi setup seemed to work 2nd time round, my watch and phone were about 2 foot from the router.

Hope this helps.

meine ehre heißt treue
Best Answer

Aa of now everything is working fine. The first time since I purchased my fit bit!! Thank you for your information, greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Thanks. I’ll try it.

Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 no longer sees my Wi-Fi. It will no update. It will not sync.

Watch is less than a year old.

Time to have it replaced ?

Best Answer

I dont have a pc and having the same problem any suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im the same but dont have a pc

Best Answer
0 Votes

How fo i work if i havent got a pc having same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes