Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate calories burned!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received my Versa 2 yesterday and I’m not the happiest with it.

for stats, I’m 26, 5’3/160cms and weigh 130lbs/59kgs. Yesterday, other than a 5km walk, I hardly moved, yet my versa is telling me that I burnt a whopping 2900cals yesterday!! No chance.

how do I correct this?! Because if it’s this inaccurate then it is certainly being returned 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Was your step count looking reasonable? I'm wondering if the issue is with counting too many steps, or with calculating your calorie burn.

Does it seem to be tracking heart rate ok? (if it was thinking your rate was way higher than it really was then that would cause the calories to be too high)

Even taking into account your BMR calories (those you burn just keeping your body alive) that does sound like a lot (assuming your step count and heart rate looks ok). I think it's worth double checking your profile settings for age, height and weight as these have a direct affect on the calorie calculations. You can check them at: https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile

Best Answer
0 Votes

Step count seems for too high; iPhone counts 3000 less steps than my Fitbit today?! Is there a way to solve that issue? 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

My height and weight etc are recorded accurately 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Becs.m wrote:

Step count seems for too high; iPhone counts 3000 less steps than my Fitbit today?! Is there a way to solve that issue? 😕

I'm not sure an extra 3000 steps would make that much difference to your calories but it would be good to know if it's the phone or the fitbit that's incorrect. Unfortunately, if the fitbit is getting it wrong there's not a lot that can be done about it. By setting the wrist you wear the fitbit as dominant it will reduce the sensitivity and therefore the steps and will do so more if you actually wear it on your non-dominant arm.

Best Answer
0 Votes