Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate steps and floors-can't track elliptical exercise-Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thinking about sending the Versa back. It doesn't track steps well for elliptical or regular steps. Is not accurate for floors climbed either. My old cheap fitbit was more accurate. Why can't I find an exercise routine on the fitbit for elliptical exercising?

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ripleyrj, awesome to have you around as a new member of the Fitbit Community! I can understand your frustration since your steps seems to be inaccurate. 

For accuracy questions, I would like to suggest to review our following help article: How accurate are Fitbit devices? Here you will find all what you need to know about accuracy and what can impact in your overall numbers including steps or floors.

Now regarding elliptical, you can add the routine of Elliptical to your Exercise app shortcut in your Fitbit Versa. To learn how to do this, please use this help article: How do I customize the exercises on my Fitbit device? Keep in mind this routine also can be detected using SmartTrack. You can find more information here: What should I know about SmartTrack exercise detection?

Hope this give you some help. See you until the next opportunity.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Ripleyrj, awesome to have you around as a new member of the Fitbit Community! I can understand your frustration since your steps seems to be inaccurate. 

For accuracy questions, I would like to suggest to review our following help article: How accurate are Fitbit devices? Here you will find all what you need to know about accuracy and what can impact in your overall numbers including steps or floors.

Now regarding elliptical, you can add the routine of Elliptical to your Exercise app shortcut in your Fitbit Versa. To learn how to do this, please use this help article: How do I customize the exercises on my Fitbit device? Keep in mind this routine also can be detected using SmartTrack. You can find more information here: What should I know about SmartTrack exercise detection?

Hope this give you some help. See you until the next opportunity.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please note, a treadmill is not the same as an elliptical. With the millions of people who exercise on an elliptical, why don't you cover that? You're not selling me on this...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it. Thank you for helping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes