Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa 2 compatible with the Galaxy S20 phone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having issues syncing my Versa 2 with my new Samsung Galaxy S20. Does anyone know if it will be added to the list of compatible devices. The S20 phones just came out this week. Thank you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88

Not sure if you have figure out how to enable notifications to your Fitbit device.

Open Fitbit app and click on your profile picture. Next, click on your device. Then navigate to 'Notifications' under the 'General' section. After you enable 'Calls' click on the 3 dots in upper right hand corner and press Send a Test Call Notification then check device for the test notification, hopefully your device vibrates. Next, click on Text Messages and change if needed. Follow the above step for Calendar Events and Email. If you would like to be notified by other apps click on App Notifications and check the apps you want notifications from. 

Hope this helps.

Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Best Answer

Here's the odd thing... my wife and I both got S20s last night.  This morning, my Versa2 hooked up and is working perfectly with my phone, but hers is not working at all.  I was able to log into the FitBit app on my phone with her account and sync everything with her fitbit, but when I returned to her phone, it still has issues.  How can it work on 1 phone and not on the other when both phones were purchased, activated, and upgraded on the same day?

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue too!

Best Answer

I had this issue as well. Don't know if this will work for everyone, but what I did was uninstall the app, reinstall it, turn off my phone,turn it back on, then set it up again. 

Best Answer

ahh thanks for sharing:))

Best Answer

Hi may i know if you have managed to update ur versa 2 via your phone? i have tried to update it but i am unable to do so continuously so i couldn't use my fitbit at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for mine.  I can finally get my texts and calls on my watch.  Thank you so much! 

Best Answer

I was able to sync my versa 2 to my Samsung s20 today!

Best Answer

There is no valid reason why it doesn't work on any Android OS. Look at their "compatibility" list. Ironic that the Note 5 is STILL on there, however the Note 8 is not. All the Samsung phones are for the most part 1 of 2 possible Operating Systems and more than likely have the same protocol setup to sync. And when you contact them about it and they find out it's not an "official" item on the list, they blame your phone automatically. I found a fix around it for a few months, but funny the latest update now makes all the protocols I select fail immediately with my Note 8. So many displeased customers. I won't be giving them any more of my money since they don't want to support their products.

Best Answer

I have a charge 3 that is apparently diffective so they honored my warranty. Now I'm trying to figure what to get. I like the versa 2 but I'm trying to figure out what you mean with the syncing because it seems like everyone else is saying it doesn't work with the S20+.  I don't wanna get something I can't use

Best Answer
0 Votes

same! I have a versa 2 in my cart currently but decided to check compatability for my s20... so glad I checked before purchasing. Guess I'll pass .

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did the trick for me too

Best Answer

Well, it almost did the trick. I get text and call notifications, but it opens them on my phone instead of on the watch. A call to fitbit said that the fitbit and S20 aren't completely done with the compatibility testing and that it would likely be a software update to the app or the device. Until then, us S20 users are stuck as is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Note 10 and it won't sync or connect. I deleted my account and retried everything. I guess I have to buy a Samsung watch and ditch Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Join the club. Im frustrated i paid all this money for a watch that don't sync to my Note 10. I think Samsung did this on purpose to force us to buy their watches.. or forcing me to go to Apple

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont think its Fitbit. I think Samsung made these news phone so we have to buy their watches

Best Answer
0 Votes
With the relatively new release dates of the newer Samsung lines, I'm sure it is just a matter of time before the Fitbit team updates their software. Samsung is too large of a brand to be ignored by Fitbit. My advice, is to hold on a few more months to see what fit bit comes up with.Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I went ahead and ordered the Samsung Galaxy Active2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, my problem isn't that it won't sync (it does), it's that the time is always an hour off (behind). The time on my phone is correct. Do you have any idea what gives? I did delete the watch from the app and readded it and it's still incorrect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got mine to work after weeks. Uninstalle app reinstall app. go to settings on phone then apps find fit it app and make sure all the permissions say allow and background usage is on and the try and connect, finally worked on my S20 today!

Best Answer
0 Votes