Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa 2 waterproof like the Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the Versa 2 waterproof and did it have the same problems with the upgrade?  My Ionic tanked from the upgrade and Fitbit only offered a 25% discount on a new product as I was out of warrenty.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @LisaLeech , the Versa 2, just like the Versa 1, is water resistant up to 50 meters, but not waterproof. Type in the search bar of the home page of the Versa commnity "water damage" and you will see a lot of topics about this issue. If you're planning to go swimming with the Versa 2, dry it thoroughly after the swim, including the band. Personally I would not advice to wear the Versa during swimming. Regarding the update, I did not have any problems with my Versa 2, regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly, don't get a Versa 2. Yes, it is waterproof but it is the biggest piece of junk I have ever purchased. Mine is 45 days old and does not work; constant problems. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere until Fitbit gets their act together.

Best Answer

Hi @SydneyB006 , I would like to counteract your reply that the Versa 2 is a piece of junk. I have a Versa 2 also and do not have any problems with it. Notifications come all through, battery is fantastic (7-8 days) and it's very fast and the screen is beautiful, just my 2 cents. I only recommended to wear it not during swimming cause of the many water damage posts. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

No electronic device may be advertised as water proof, simply because at some depth it will fail. 

A rating of 50 meters is only good for shallow swimming at best 15 feet and no diving into the water which can easily put to much pressure on the watch. 

Best Answer

I was checking to see if my Versa 2 was waterproof... and I came upon your comment.  I couldn't agree more.  This is a hunk of junk compared to my old HR Charge and Charge 2.  So complicated and I can't sync both my phone and laptop together... it's either one or the other.  So confusing.  I wish I'd stuck with my old one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

1st thing to note that there is no legal definition for the term waterproof. Considering that the ionic is not waterproof, I would say that the Versa is just as much not waterproof as the ionic

Both units are water resistant to 5ATMs or about 150 in perfectly calm water and the diver decend.

This means that the tracker should not be worn in a shower, strong currents, no diving, etc

Best Answer

As for the Charge and Charge 2, they are rated as splash proof. The newer models are not only rated for swimming, have the ability to auto detect and record swimming, but also have a manual exercise mode called swimming @LouiseKarlene 

As for syncing through the laptop, like the Charge and charge 2, you may need to make sure the tracker is not communicating with the phone.

Bluetooth devices in general can only talk to one host at a time, this is not a fault with Fitbit but the way bluetooth functions.

Best Answer
0 Votes