Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa waterproof?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have seen other topics, however, they are more talking about the Ionic. I'd like to see if anyone has actually gone swimming or showered (doubt the latter) with the Versa on and how did it fair?

I can see with the Ionic the states aren't super accurate however I am not too worried about the stats. I am more wondering about the device itself. Any issues or complications with it post swim or during the swim. I have only had mine a couple of days and have yet to get the guts to sink it.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Back on the bandwagon; Versa, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
504 REPLIES 504

@verhoeves @Tilly2618 Welcome to the Community.

Let me help you with your Versa device. @verhoeves I get your concern and wanted to let you know that your device is covered under Fitbit's warranty that you can check here. If anything happens to your device while swimming you can reach out our Support team for assistance.

@Tilly2618 this is what I was going to suggest since your Versa isn't working but I noticed that you already have a ticket with the Support team so keep working with them to find a solution.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Thank you so much for your comment. I have been in contact with Fitbit and they are taking care of me! Thanks again

Chantel
Best Answer
Hi,
Thanks for caring. I changed for the versa 2 , but I'm scared of swimming
with it based on past experience.
Will you please let me know if this version is really waterproof.

Best,
Marcela
Best Answer
Hi I looked into it and on my app shows data stopped logging before my versa was in the pool. I’m not sure why it quit but I believe they are truly waterproof.

Chantel
Best Answer

I have had 2 versas that completely died from water. The first one was swimming the 2nd time a bath. It is definitely not waterproof. With it only having a year warranty I would not chance it. Very costly mistakes for me. 

Best Answer

I had my watch for 6 months and the first time I swam in it it died. It was barely out of warranty so I had to buy a new watch. I swam several times with my 2nd watch with no issues. I went on vacation and took a bath with it on last weekend and it is completely dead now. Of course it’s again out of warranty because only has a one year warranty. I ordered an Apple Watch yesterday with a 4 year warranty. Hoping for better results. 

Best Answer
I have worn mine in the pool for a year and a half. When I first ourchased
it, I used it in the pool and set my exercise to swim. Basically, just to
see how the app worked as I am not a lap swimmer. When I got out of the
pool, tbe watch was on but frozen. I assumed it was the water that caused
the issue. After rebooting, I have used workout as my exercise mode and it
has been fine ever since. My wife has had the same experience. Ours was an
app problem. This may have happened to others and perhaps the aoo has since
been fixed. I chose not to use it as I exercise in the pool but it is only
good for laps so of no consequence to me. It has been a year and a half and
no problems. Mine us certainly waterproof with normal swim use.
Best Answer
My first Versa2 was a Christmas gift. Went in the pool at the gym. At first it was ok. Died on me in April. Bought another one but not going in the pool or dunking. Not swimming until the virus is gone cause not going to any gym.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I went in the lake 2 days ago and it was fine. Yesterday went swimming  sand this happened to me! Versa (1st Edition)  I’m going to be reaching out to support to see what they claim the issue is. 

Best Answer

I had two versa first edition and the first they replaced no problem but the second one they argued that it was out of warranty. I then told them it was not fit for purpose and it was my consumer right to have it replaced.  He went to talk to his superior and they agreed to send me the versa 2 which I have had ever since. I've only worn it in the shower once and it's been OK. But I've never worn it swimming just in case. It seems sea swimming is the problem as with both the versa 1st edition they both died on holiday from swimming in the sea or pool.  It does say in the small print to dry immediately after swimming and leave to dry. So maybe that's their insurance!! Unstable I know but ring them and hassle them with consumer rights and "unfit for purpose"  good luck xx 

Best Answer

I wear my Fitbit in the shower all the time and have never had an issue with it. I have also taken it into a swimming pool and worn it a couple times but just didn’t go very deep and no issues

Best Answer

Both my versas have quite while being exposed to water. First one last 3 days I went to the pool(chlorine) not ocean and it filled with water. Today I wore it in the shower and now its toast. I have it in rice. They are not waterproof!!! Very disappointed .

Best Answer

I went through 3 Fitbits that failed from moisture. I finally decided to go with the Apple Watch. People say they last and last. I actually like the function of Fitbit a little better (maybe because I was used to it) but I have a 5 year warranty with the Apple Watch. The Fitbit only has 1 and if it was outside that year and I called they would tell me only option was to buy a new one.

Best Answer

Mind you, yes this watch is 2 years old. So no, they are not doing anything else besides a discount.

Fitbit: Hello Moses,

Thanks for working with us in regards to your Versa's water damage.

Your warranty started back on November, 2018 and is good for 1 full year. Warranty start from the date of the original purchase.

This is the final resolution and no further consideration will be given. We do not have more than 25% to offer you. Check the Fitbit Limited Warranty

Your discount is valid for 30 days, enjoy it.

Best Answer

This is quite an old topic... but I just received my Versa 2 today from an Inspire HR. The Inspire HR was also 50 meters resistant, which is up to 164 feet. Insane, because no pool is that deep. I used my Inspire HR for over a year and had it on in the shower, pool, anything water. It survived 1½ years. However, I did notice some condensation under the display, and I believe that is what broke it.

Just your ordinary person... I think? I own the Versa 2 and my phone is the Google Pixel 4 XL running Android 11.
Best Answer

Today I had my Versa on my wrist. I was sitting on a rock in the sea, the watch was barely 1-2 cm in the water. I noticed the screen was going a bit crazy, showing the Fitbit logo over and over. I immediately went out (had been in for a max of 5 minutes) and dried it. Hours later, it is not switching on anymore at all. The screen is not misty, just not switching in anymore.

not exactly an example of “water-resistant”....:(((

Best Answer

And why did my Versa never work properly again after the first time I swam with it? The term “Water resistant” is a cop out. Can I swim with it or not?  The answer is NO!  More lies and deception, and now my Versa is dead because I tried to swim with it again. Like actually use it as advertised. No dice, and out of warranty. $200 wasted. I buying a Garmin. 

Best Answer

No... although advertised as water resistant up to 50m and despite having a swim tracking function, I have had two FitBit Versa's ruined by a swim. I had the first for a year and a half and assumed bc of the age was the reason for failure (although it was right after swimming). So I made the mistake of trying to again with my next, stupid move. It stopped working as well. Fitbit needs to figure out if they want to be able to support swimming or not. Lost this customer for sure. 

Best Answer

I wash my hands frequently, my wrist gets wet simply from washing my hands.  I am very careful to make sure my fitbit is dried after every hand washing, yet still I've gone thru 3 Fitbit flex, and now 2 Fitbit charge 3 devices.  They all died, not charging.  I am so careful with it but every time it's the same thing.  This time fitbit replaced the defective Fitbit charge 3 and it only lasted 6 months.  Again, I don't bathe with it and am very careful to keep it dry, yet still, here we are.  Can anyone recommend another brand that is more durable??

Best Answer

Okay, but how long has the device lasted overall?  How often would you say it got wet?

Best Answer