Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa waterproof?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have seen other topics, however, they are more talking about the Ionic. I'd like to see if anyone has actually gone swimming or showered (doubt the latter) with the Versa on and how did it fair?

I can see with the Ionic the states aren't super accurate however I am not too worried about the stats. I am more wondering about the device itself. Any issues or complications with it post swim or during the swim. I have only had mine a couple of days and have yet to get the guts to sink it.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Back on the bandwagon; Versa, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
504 REPLIES 504

That’s great, but understand that you are taking a risk. There is a legal reason that they say it is water resistant and not water proof, so when your device stops working, legally it doesn’t not have to be replaced by the manufacturer if it was caused by water damage. There are many watches that say waterproof and many that say water resistant the two are not the same. This is also the case for watches that cost thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

Best Answer

@Tourbillon That’s fine but I shouldn’t be able to submerge it into water (swim with it). 

Fitbit advertise this watch that you can swim with it so long as it no more that 50 meters now if I go to my local gym swim with it at the end of my exercise dry it off then it stops working then to me it’s still going to be a problem for Fitbit as they have advertised to customers we can now track swimming. There’s even a swimming work out option on the watch.   

I shouldnt be worrying if my my watch is going to work after a swimming session. 

And  s I agree with you there is a difference between water resistant and waterproof.  But I don’t think I would call being able to swim up to 50 meters deep water resistant. Water resistant is usually a splash or a few raindrops. 

They say water resistant just in case for legal reason, because if they say waterproof it’s too definite. 

Its a language that they are using that customer are getting confused by and it’s not great. 

Best Answer

I should be able to swim with it especially if it tracks laps. That shouldn't be an option if I can't swim with it. 

Best Answer

I specifically bout the Versa because it said "Waterproof to 50 meters". I was sick of constantly taking my Alta off to shower or in Jacuzzi".  False advertising?

Best Answer

@Djh6475 I’ve showered with mine on a number of occasions now and it’s working fine. It was one of the big reasons I got the versa. I wanted a waterproof watch/tracker. I think the language they use is very confusing.

You should be able to wear yours in the shower, jacuzzi and swim with it up to 50 metres deep. 

I made sure I Did the old water test with mine to make sure it’s not a faulty as it seems someone’s in this thread had one that stopped working after just a shower which clearly something was wrong with their watch. 

Hope your watch works out fine in water 

Best Answer
Thank you for the info.  Now if I can just get the text problem taken care if.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I got my new Versa last Tuesday and I've been showering with it ever since, and so far, so good. I thing I just had a bum watch the first time around......now if only Fitbit could fix the GPS. Hmmmm.

Sony Xperia XZ2
Best Answer

Your product is extremely misleading. I use the term "misleading" specifically because I know it can be reported. 

Best Answer
🙂  Thank you.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

You guys need to look up the correct meaning of water resistance and how it applies to watches before slating Fitbit. Although to be fair, the moderator is seemingly giving out some misleading advice which seem to go against some of the official wording on the watch.

The resistant to 50m only means it has to be able to sit in 10cm of water for an hour to be considered water resistant. You also have to consider that the swimming motion puts further water pressure on the watch as your arm is pushing into the water.

Really good write up below on what the numbers really mean and again, remember these are industry standards for what the resistant numbers actually mean in every day usage:

https://www.thrillist.com/gear/what-your-watch-water-resistance-numbers-mean

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Resistant_mark 

Best Answer

If you’re not meant to be in water with this watch, then it should not be in the advertisement. It’s one of the reasons people got the watch so they can go to their local pool swim and it track the exercise. 

Just how how I see it. 

Best Answer

From the Wikipedia article:

"Water Resistant 5 atm or 50 m Suitable for swimming, white water rafting, and fishing." 

So I'm off swimming with my shiny new Versa 🙂

Best Answer

Well possibly but then again this site says 50m isn't safe to swim with. TBH the whole "water resistant" thing is all a bit grey and misleading. Be nice if they settled on something that actually means it is water proof!

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/what-does-water-resistance-in-diving-watches-mean 

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

It's great to see you here @faerieflyinfree.

Regarding your inquiry, as you can see in the attachment, Fitbit Versa is water resistant to 50 meters, it isn't waterproof.

Versa specs.PNG

To avoid any damage, I don't recommend swimming with it but if you do, please dry it after that and check our wear and care tips. For more information about this, you can take a look at the Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device? article.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Hi appreciate you’re trying to help. Puzzled by how it is possible to recommend not swimming with a Versa when fitbit’s own support pages say it is swimproof and it has a specific swim exercise tracker on the unit. It’s an expensive tracker product if it isn’t swim proof.

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

Hello all, hope you are doing fine.

Regarding this water inquiry, as mentioned in my previous post, the Versa is a water resistant watch, it isn't waterproof. You can swim or shower with it but after this it is necessary to dry it to avoid damage. You can check our Wear and Care page for better instructions for this.

Now if you are having issues with your Versa after showering or swimming with it, as suggested previously, place it in a bowl of rice for 24-48 hours, after that restart it.

See you later. Smiley Happy

Really ? Please can you speak to your Fitbit colleagues and get straight on this. You are undermining the product sales message spectacularly in this thread.

Best Answer

Versa is not waterproof nor water resistant. I tired to swim in a pool with it yesterday to try out the swim app and it immediately died  - checked it after 6 laps and all I got was a black screen! Versa is not working at all now. I would be very cautious swimming with it never mind getting a bit of water on it. Very disappointed with the product. Still waiting for Fitbits response to this - as they claim it is swim proof and water resistant to 50m.... this was certainly not the case for my Versa.

Best Answer

Yes. This happened to me as well. I'm now on Versa #2. However, as soon as I got the replacement, I  put it in water, showered with it, etc. It's still going strong. I'm pretty sure that we were just lucky enough to get a watch with a bad seal. Hopefully you'll have better luck with a replacement too.

Sony Xperia XZ2
Best Answer

Why on earth would they have an option to "track swimming" if you're suggesting to not swim with it?????????????????????? 

Best Answer

I hope this answer is incorrect.

Versa is sold with the ability to track laps whole swimming. So it would be negligent of FitBit to sell a watch to track swimming and then say you shouldn't use it for swimming.

Best Answer

I hope this answer is incorrect.

Versa is sold with the ability to track laps whole swimming. So it would be negligent of FitBit to sell a watch to track swimming and then say you shouldn't use it for swimming.

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

It's great to see you here @

Versa specs.PNG

To avoid any damage, I don't recommend swimming with it but if you do, please dry it after that and check our wear and care tips. For more information about this, you can take a look at the Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device? article.

Best Answer