Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change the time of day fit bit tracks steps, water intake, etc.?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sorry if the title doesn't make sense I don't know how else to word it.

I work in a medical lab overnight so my schedule is shifted my day starts at 1-2pm and I go to bed the following calendar day at 5am. I love having my versa to track steps and my water intake at at work, among other little things. But it's really annoying because in the middle of my "day" aka midnight it rests all the data and starts over. So the data of my "day" is half one day and half the other. And I'm really trying to keep track of certain things because I have an autoimmune disease thatithat has been giving me trouble lately so tracking certain things is necessary so if something weird happens or I have an episode or there's a change I need to be able to look back at the "day" and see if there was a variation that triggered it or if I'm getting worse. 

I tried changing the "hourly activity goal" from 2pm to 5am on my android app it won't let me for some reason. I think maybe because I'm tracking from one calendar day to the next?

Any advice?

Also thanks for reading/listening to me vent a little. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Molo_Lolo  it makes sense, but there is no real answer that will help you. These devices are made to begin the day at midnight, no matter where you live or your work schedule. There is no way to change this, sad to say. Many shift workers have suggested changes, but it would be hard to alter the time frame for those who work a variety of hours.

Sorry this hasn't helped. Be safe out there and thanks for being on the front lines for the rest of us.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes