Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there notification when there are app updates?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed that sometimes my fitbit versa apps have updates available when i browse the apps on my phone. However, i do not get any notification that an update is available. For example, my watchface stopped updating the weather recently, i couldn't figure out the problem, but after going to the app and seeing there is an update available, the update fixed the weather issue. It would be nice to be notified if an update is available, i think this is standard on most phones/computers/tablets etc.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

For firmware updates, it is obvious on the app, bit not for app updates.

You can set auto-updates on within your phone.  This might vary by phone, but when I go to "My apps & games" within the Google Play Store, right at the top is a notice to keep apps up-to-date by turning auto-update on.  Myself, I leave it off so I will know when there is a change, but I frequently check "My apps & games" on play store to see which apps have updates available.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

For firmware updates, it is obvious on the app, bit not for app updates.

You can set auto-updates on within your phone.  This might vary by phone, but when I go to "My apps & games" within the Google Play Store, right at the top is a notice to keep apps up-to-date by turning auto-update on.  Myself, I leave it off so I will know when there is a change, but I frequently check "My apps & games" on play store to see which apps have updates available.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer