Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isn't syncing all my steps and not tracking my floors accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, I received my Versa yesterday. I’m really happy with my purchase, but I seem to be having some issues. First off, I will have, say, 300 steps, and then when my tracker syncs with my iPhone, it’ll say that I have 30 steps. I have made sure that mobile tracking is NOT on my phone, I have turned off Bluetooth, deleted and re-downloaded the app, and removed my device and added it again. My second issue is that it’s not tracking flights of stairs accurately. I’ve walked up and down several flights and the versa has only registered one flight. It hasn’t improved since doing all the things I mentioned above. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @emwson You can find information about how stairs are counted in THIS help article. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @emwson, it is great to see new faces around! Smiley Happy So in other words, the amount of steps decreased when you sync your Fitbit Versa, right? Beside of what you already tried, could you please try to restart your watch? This will also improve the accuracy issues that you are getting with the flight of stairs. So please follow these steps to do so: 

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Versa doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.
  4. Then sync your watch
  5. In addition, you can manually add your steps through your iOS device

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I will give these things a try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are more than welcome my friend @emwson! Try those instructions that I posted and let me know how it goes! 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of the above steps and I'm still missing flights of stairs 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @sarah_1975, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! If your Versa isn't tracking your floors, I'd like you to take the following into consideration: 

Fitbit devices that count floors have an altimeter sensor that can detect when you're going up or down in elevation. Your device registers one floor when you climb about 10 feet at one time. It does not register floors when you go down.

Fitbit devices do not count the elevation gains simulated from a StairMaster, inclined treadmill, or other stationary exercise equipment. Your device uses changes in barometric pressure to detect elevation change, and therefore requires that you physically change elevation in order to properly record floors.

Please take that into consideration and if your Versa still not tracking floors, let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes