Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late vibration for calls

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This used to work fine on my Versa 3, but lately the watch has not been vibrating when I receive a call.

I have done all the turn off and restart things. It does vibrate now, but so late that the call has gone to voicemail by the time the watch finally starts to vibrate.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @beverleyb  - did you also restart your phone? It's often forgotten.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @beverleyb  - did you also restart your phone? It's often forgotten.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did, several times in the end 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@beverleyb  - is it receiving notifications? In any case check for a syncing issue - Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Also try the useful SimpleCheckUp app. This will tell you if its connecting to the Fitbit App, directly on the watch, so if you miss a call see whether the app can connect to the phone with the test connection option.

It also tells you when you last synced, if that is a long time ago make sure that the Fitbit App and Bluetooth are not being shutdown because of the battery saving on your phone.

You can test if an incoming call is detected when the Fitbit App is being displayed on the phone. If that works then probably your Fitbit App is not running in background as it should.

Best Answer

Thank you Guy. It is all syncing. The call displays on my watch face, but with no vibration until after about five rings or so, by which time the call has gone to voicemail.

I have my phone on silent pretty much all the time, so I am missing lots of calls.

It used to work fine and was brilliant 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

@beverleyb  - what happens when the phone is on low volume instead of silent? Is there a lag?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried putting it on low volume, with much restarting of phone and watch. Nothing, didn't even display on watch face, never mind vibrate!

Have put the phone back on zero volume and it's sort of working, but the vibrate is still at least four rings behind everything else 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

@beverleyb  - seems like a syncing issue - what does SimpleCheckup say for the syncing test?

Best Answer

Simple checkup says everything is fine. But it is not.

I've noticed my watch does not vibrate either anymore when (for example) I reach 10k steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

@beverleyb  - there a few things in the Fitbit App that could be problematic.

You could try the following if you have an Android phone

In Android phone Settings *

Apps

Fitbit

Storage - clear cache [not data]

Force Fitbit Stop

[though it doesn't seem to fully]

Log back in to the Fitbit app

*Quick Shortcut: Press and hold the Fitbit launch icon, then App info [on some phones]

Restart the watch and the phone.

Logout again and login, go to the home screen on the phone and click on the popup which will pair and link the watch.

Then try again.

This may help.

If not, for your specific phone probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to guide you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

If it is still under warranty and found faulty it may be better to take it to the shop for a new replacement, rather than accepting a refurbished replacement from Fitbit and dealing with sometimes drawn out return and shipping issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes